Motorhome Shows Conundrum (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Warners Peterborough show is apparently going to go ahead as a day visitors show. They say they will allow wild camping but details are as yet unknown
As a day show there will be no entertainment etc.

Now for me a family business we could easily attend and keep SD but other larger businesses especially motorhome dealers which need lots of staff they may have issues getting them over and how do they safely let people inside vans to view.

My main concern is footfall, if it is reduced will show organisers reduce our pitch fees? And even if they do will it be worth the risk and the trouble attending shows this season?

If we buy in stock we are stuck with it if they cancel last thing. Folk have got more used to online buying over the crisis so do I just stay online and forget shows for this year at least?

Warners say:
Additional changes we will make to the trade area will include:
  • · Exhibitors to be given extra space on their stand – Allowing the exhibitor to implement their own social distancing measures on their stand
  • · No indoor trading area – Crowd density standards unfortunately can’t be met indoors at this time
  • · Aisles to be widened to 10 metres - Allowing for increased social distancing
  • · Bigger gaps between stands – Allowing for socially distanced queuing off of the main avenues
Any views on this?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think that there will be a greatly reduced footfall. Hoewver there are still plenty of people desperate to get out and spend money judging by the news.
There will also be other traders who may decide not to go and so less competition for you.
If you fancy getting out and about yourselves, I would go but maybe don’t overspend on stock. You could also try asking Warners for a discount if you attend. I would have thought that they would need traders to go to attract visitors, they don’t want to get a reputation for it being a poor show.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's not going to be anywhere near the same but....Warners are good at what they do, if anyone can make it work they will, so if i was a trader I wouldn't write anything off and give Peterborough a go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As a punter we had been planning to go to Peterborough as day visitors, specifically for the trade stalls.

I would have thought that attendance would be ok to good if the increase in interest in Motorhomes we keep being told about is actually true and if the show is well advertised.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It's not going to be anywhere near the same but....Warners are good at what they do, if anyone can make it work they will, so if i was a trader I wouldn't write anything off and give Peterborough a go.
I have spoken to Warners today and discussed my concerns.
I do trust them to produce a good risk assessment and reduce risks to the lowest reasonably possible.
I have also been assured that the show will go ahead
They have also told me that the wild camping will be reasonably priced and day visitors are free

Plus some good news, one of my suppliers has told me today that he has some new exciting motorhome lines that will do well at shows and they will be with me in time for Peterborough. Plus I suppose certain products may sell better due to covid like travel washing machines.

The funny thing is I mainly do the shows for the fun of it, so as long as I don't lose money, the weather is good, and there are friendly folk to chat with (at 1 metre) Im happy!

Hope to see lots of Funsters there.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Warners Peterborough show is apparently going to go ahead as a day visitors show. They say they will allow wild camping but details are as yet unknown
As a day show there will be no entertainment etc.

Now for me a family business we could easily attend and keep SD but other larger businesses especially motorhome dealers which need lots of staff they may have issues getting them over and how do they safely let people inside vans to view.

My main concern is footfall, if it is reduced will show organisers reduce our pitch fees? And even if they do will it be worth the risk and the trouble attending shows this season?

If we buy in stock we are stuck with it if they cancel last thing. Folk have got more used to online buying over the crisis so do I just stay online and forget shows for this year at least?

Warners say:
Additional changes we will make to the trade area will include:
  • · Exhibitors to be given extra space on their stand – Allowing the exhibitor to implement their own social distancing measures on their stand
  • · No indoor trading area – Crowd density standards unfortunately can’t be met indoors at this time
  • · Aisles to be widened to 10 metres - Allowing for increased social distancing
  • · Bigger gaps between stands – Allowing for socially distanced queuing off of the main avenues
Any views on this?
Just add rain for a disaster

No one is going, save your money

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back