motorhome show (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Would be very interested in how others got on at the motorhome show at the Nec, we looked at a couple of M/h`s with great interest, loved the Hobby with the rear lounge (though the seating was a tad too upright) which had the rise and fall bed above it, great idea as we much prefer a "U" lounge configuration to the fixed bed setup.
Whilst we loved the Burstner superbly built but the intertior just didn`t suit us, so we ended up back at the Autotrail Arapaho ideal accomadation for us which we love, yet still has the same heating system as our 9 year old Cheyenne.

Whilst they offered us a good price for ours in part exchange there wasn`t any 10 /15% off the new vehicle for buying at the show.
Which we thought before we went they would offer, or are we being too naive.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Whilst they offered us a good price for ours in part exchange there wasn`t any 10 /15% off the new vehicle for buying at the show.
Which we thought before we went they would offer, or are we being too naive.

You cannot have your cake and eat it............. 10-15% discount :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I must have missed the cake at the NEC :RollEyes::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
what cake

You cannot have your cake and eat it............. 10-15% discount :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Well lets think about that Peter shall we, is 10-15% too much to expect, lets say they offered 3k more for our motorhome than we were expecting, that is less than half what we would save if we were only offered a 10% discount for buying at the show.

Maybe the dealers think there is more money about than there actually is, are they aware of the current economic climate?

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
NEC Show

We were offered a £5,000 disco on a Rollerteam if we ordered there and then list price was £47k something. That was for a cash sale no trade in. But we hadn't looked around fully so hadn't made our mind up and wasn't gonna buy after looking at it for 1/2 hour or so, fat chance :ROFLMAO:

Salesman seemed a bit miffed to be honest but you are not gonna hand over that kind of money after that short a time period deciding!

In the end we are glad we didn't take him up as we decided on a Chausson, they only offered a 'silver pack' which was £1700 worth. I'm sure we will do better when we come to order.

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
We were offered a £5,000 disco on a Rollerteam if we ordered there and then list price was £47k something. .

Did that come with gold plated everything?

If you have the cash you can knock them right down its when you have a px or finance outstanding you have trouble, We saved £6k on our rollerteam when we spoke to dealer, in fact we saved more at the dealer than we first did at the nec when we pre ordered a 2009 model last year but that fell through and we ended up at the dealer 8 months later saving more..

::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you look at one of my post about the show you will see i was offered a special show pirce of £1799 for an oyster sat system he then said he'd knock another 50 off as i could pay by debit card and not credit card being a scotsman i wanted time to think about it he said if i phoned before show ended he keep price. Well when i went on his website to check the system it was even cheaper than his great show price so he hasnt got my money.

Gerry

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
As I said in my post on the show the manufactures did not appear to be there only dealers with the models they decided to bring. I was disappointed as being billed as the international motor home show I assumed all new modes from all the major players would be there Also no deals/bargains from accessory people same prices as local dealers:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back