Motorhome show nec (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
No, NEC is mainly Motorhomes and Caravans, very little in the way of stall, handy if your thinking about a new van but not much use for accessories etc. (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we've been (some years ago now) we were rather disappointed at the smaller number of accessory dealers. I just looked on their web site though and it appears they have more now. As a personal observation, it doesn't have the same relaxed atmosphere as an outdoor show though, having not been for several years now we might consider going again if the dates fell right and we could find a convenient site to stay on (trouble is they can get booked up pretty early).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We're going this year on the Tuesday, over the last couple of years there have been more stands taken up by small companies like Duvalay etc, they've usually a tidy discount too. Each year the show takes up more and more space and it's now BIG. With the CC discount it's £6.25 prebooked for each for us Geri's or £9 on the door.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just had three days at Dusseldorf show so I think the NEC will seem a little tame in comparison.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Is the nec motorhome show as the same as Peterborough motorhome show" ie same stalls and that.
Been 5 times in past 3 years and I'll be going again this year :)

Think all those that have posted are recalling past days as the place is rammed for the show. Lots of stalls, accessories, discounts, shows, motorhomes to look through and offers galore :)

I'm also booked into the CC site for the weekend, which means EHU, marquee, entertainment, bar, food and a brilliant atmosphere too :)

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Been 5 times in past 3 years and I'll be going again this year :)

Think all those that have posted are recalling past days as the place is rammed for the show. Lots of stalls, accessories, discounts, shows, motorhomes to look through and offers galore :)

I'm also booked into the CC site for the weekend, which means EHU, marquee, entertainment, bar, food and a brilliant atmosphere too :)
I live 5 min away so I was going go straight from the house but got fed up with the other shows. We went to Newark Peterborough the same crap there.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Best place to go to see all the latest models & layouts from all the manufacturers not just the ones that the dealers choose to stock(y) Ideal if you are trying to figure out what size motorhome & layout suits you best & compare build quality of different manufacturers even if you aren't planning on buying new. We liked being able to talk direct to the staff of the manufacturing companies with any queries not just the dealers. There is a lack of smaller sellers as stall fees are so high so different from other shows but does have plenty of whizzy toys that aren't seen elsewhere. There were less accessories last year as Riversway Leisure had just gone into receivership so didn't turn up as planned & they only have an online presence now having closed their shop.
We only went to look last year but had a very busy 2 days (so much to see) & ended up buying our first motorhome:) All very exciting for us as we love all the products to do with motorhoming & caravanning but not everyones cup of tea. Not planning on changing but we'll be going anyway...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back