Motorhome Show NEC 2017 Question (1 Viewer)

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
Hello...

Maybe a stupid question but are there used motorhome for sale at good prices at the Motorhome Show? Or is it mainly new Motorhomes?

Wondering If a visit would be worth while for myself and wife with our 20k to 30k budget or is it for the rich and/or famous only lol...

Thanks in advance...

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Im going along for a look on the last few hours Sunday as I am working at the Airport this weekend and I have to walk though the NEC to get to the Hilton where I am staying. Seems rude not to nip in for a nosey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
There may be a few for sale in the motorhome parking area. Maybe worth a wander round there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We found it confusing and overwhelming and went only to decide which layout worked for us. It was at times difficult to get in vans due to the numbers of people.

I doubt I would bother again as we achieved what we wanted to do by visiting dealers. If I did it would be to camp at the site or go on the motorbike as we parked a very long way away.

Good luck in your hunt, it took us two years, but we already had a California and were in no rush.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We went to the NEC show twice (October 2016 and this February) and the Peterborough show with no intention of buying, just to view different layouts and models. Seeing in the flesh the different ideas manufactures have incorporated into their vans then gave us the sense of what we wanted and felt we needed to get as close to the ideal van to suit us and over the 3 shows thoughts as to our ideal van changed and evolved until we were happy on what we were looking for. We never had any intention of buying new but as a result of testing the water we have just bought second hand as near to our ideal van and this weeks NEC show will be it's first trip out for us in it. For us it was a big outlay of money and we wanted to get it right.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back