Motorhome Shortages ???? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I've been working next to the Elddis factory today and there pre delivery compound is full of motorhomes ready to go. The storage yard has over 50 lwb vans ready to be converted and the chassis cab area is also very full.
I was led to believe we had a lack of motorhomes being manufactured. Surely they aren't holding stock back to increase prices ?
Well it is the UK with inflated prices. The yanks who own Elddis need there dollars.

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Reduced production and no parts to progress and given they’re sold why hurry ! 😹

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
There are currently many manufacturers on reduced hours and with many staff on furlough due to a worldwide shortage of silicon chips that are needed to complete the goods already sold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Visited Kirkcaldy Caravans today [only to buy a water carrier...]. 1 gas bottle outside in the Gas Cage and, only the Boss on duty. He was telling a prospective customer that he had had over 40% of his current orders for caravans and motorhomes cancelled and that he presently had 2 new caravans and 9 used and that that would have to last him for the rest of the year. He went on to say that, because he can't get new stock, he can't get trade ins to get new customers 'onto the ladder'. He claims that Swift have got hundreds of new caravans 99.9% complete, but they cannot get the corner steadies. In answer to my query, he said, 'You can see the stock we have, it's on the shelves. I've got loads of orders in but what turns up when is anybody's guess!'

Steve

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Perhaps it's Covid, perhaps it's something else, whatever it is will not go away, similar to both of the above!

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
There seem to be shortages of all sorts of products. This could have a serious impact on UK companies trading positions, if you can’t deliver you can’t invoice. And factory prices have been climbing which could effect inflation figures.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Scrotes with Irish accents have been reported round here asking if people’s M/home’s are for sale and when told “NO”
they were seen skulking around them !! Possibly with a view to nicking them !!
PS.. No scrotes have been harmed during these events !!
YET….
Mitch.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
There seem to be shortages of all sorts of products. This could have a serious impact on UK companies trading positions, if you can’t deliver you can’t invoice. And factory prices have been climbing which could effect inflation figures.
I hear it's the same with building supplies. I suspect there are several causes I wonder if it's the same around Europe?

Oct 17, 2016
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Tribute T715
Exp
Since 2010
I've been working next to the Elddis factory today and there pre delivery compound is full of motorhomes ready to go. The storage yard has over 50 lwb vans ready to be converted and the chassis cab area is also very full.
I was led to believe we had a lack of motorhomes being manufactured. Surely they aren't holding stock back to increase prices ?
Well it is the UK with inflated prices. The yanks who own Elddis need there dollars.
While Volunteering at one of the NHS vaccination sites I spoke to two guys who work for a very large Motorhome manufacturer and they told me that the reason New Motorhomes are parked up in the compound that appear to be finished but they are waiting for parts such as control units and taps as their supplier is unable to source parts due to Covid shutdowns.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
While Volunteering at one of the NHS vaccination sites I spoke to two guys who work for a very large Motorhome manufacturer and they told me that the reason New Motorhomes are parked up in the compound that appear to be finished but they are waiting for parts such as control units and taps as their supplier is unable to source parts due to Covid shutdowns.
This fits with many product currently unavailable including Para cord !

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Scrotes with Irish accents have been reported round here asking if people’s M/home’s are for sale and when told “NO”
they were seen skulking around them !! Possibly with a view to nicking them !!
PS.. No scrotes have been harmed during these events !!
YET….
Mitch.
I had a man with an Irish accent knock on my door yesterday asking if my PVC was for sale ,had a story about his father selling a larger van on Marketplace and now wanting a smaller PVC. When I told him it wasn't he went away . About an hour later another knock on my door the father this time wanting to buy it , son was sat in vehicle a white Mercedes people carrier . When I told him it wasn't for sale and I had told his son that earlier he asked if I knew anyone that was selling one and did I have any classic cars to sell . Both men were well dressed . I have got them on CCTV .

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I had a man with an Irish accent knock on my door yesterday asking if my PVC was for sale ,had a story about his father selling a larger van on Marketplace and now wanting a smaller PVC. When I told him it wasn't he went away . About an hour later another knock on my door the father this time wanting to buy it , son was sat in vehicle a white Mercedes people carrier . When I told him it wasn't for sale and I had told his son that earlier he asked if I knew anyone that was selling one and did I have any classic cars to sell . Both men were well dressed . I have got them on CCTV .
Does being well dressed in make them more or less dodgy?

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Does being well dressed in make them more or less dodgy?
I think it is the Irish accent that makes them more dodgy than being well dressed . Apologies to those members from Ireland . I suspect these were general dealers looking to cash in on the shortage of motorhomes . Not short of a bob or two by the looks of them .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back