MOTORHOME SALES BOOMING!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
My oldest daughter expressed an interest in buying a MH in May, so I looked on websites of local dealers.

I revisited the same sites yesterday:

Greentrees (Dereham) 4 suitable vans, all still present, all same price.
Broadland Leisure (Acle) 4 suitable vans, all still present, all same price.
Becks (Rollesby) 6 suitable vans, 4 now sold, 1 same price, 1 £3k cheaper
Simpsons (Lowestoft) 4 suitable vans, 2 now sold, 1 same price, 1 £4k cheaper.
Brownhills (Newark) 3 suitable vans selected leaving loads of others, all 3 now sold

Draw your own conclusions - Gordon

After seeing the prices she asked about caravans, so I researched them for her. Yesterday's check revealed a similar pattern.
If there new vans then they are sale demo's and if you order one it will be factory fresh .usually they sell the demo's towards the year end as the 2021 models will be launched around October.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
It's the end of motor homing as we know it Townes buying vans leaving there crap every where glad my motor-homing days are nearly over.
the wont be a part of the country not blighted by them
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
It's the end of motor homing as we know it Townes buying vans leaving there crap every where glad my motor-homing days are nearly over.
the wont be a part of the country not blighted by them
bill
You could look at it another way and the possible increase could have a positive effect/spin on motorhoming and the way in which towns and cities accommodate us within this country; just saying (y) :giggle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It will be good to track the level of fervour over the coming months once the air bridges are open.
Yes my nephew who usually gets about 12 people pass the house to use a cut through, daily was getting 40/hour ,cyclists, runners, walkers, dog walkers , at the begining of the UK lockdown & said at the time as soon as people are allowed to go out/drive it will stop.He told me saturday that it did & now back to hardly any foot traffic daily.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
You never know it might well be a pink one too.......

Why do so many folk insist on being sooooooo negative, especially within our own community!!! :(

I may well be an optimist but it certainly hasn't done me any harm as yet:giggle:

Maybe John Barrett, like many MHomers, had just observed the trend by Local Authorities to restrict the use of roads an CP by use MHs, with height barriers, parking notices etc.

Like him, I doubt whether mor MH purchases will reverse this trend. It might even accelerate it.

Geoff

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Maybe John Barrett, like many MHomers, had just observed the trend by Local Authorities to restrict the use of roads an CP by use MHs, with height barriers, parking notices etc.

Like him, I doubt whether mor MH purchases will reverse this trend. It might even accelerate it.

Geoff
I hope not!!!

o_O

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp

Geoff

All out of our powers, so we will just have to wait and see what the future brings (y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You could look at it another way and the possible increase could have a positive effect/spin on motorhoming and the way in which towns and cities accommodate us within this country; just saying (y) :giggle:
You can dream on it will just get worse we will lose more from this than we will gene only one's gaining will be traders forum owners and criminals who go around steeling vans from your drive used to be abil to use a word on her to describe them but but that was silenced
bill

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
You can dream on it will just get worse we will lose more from this than we will gene only one's gaining will be traders forum owners and criminals who go around steeling vans from your drive used to be abil to use a word on her to describe them but but that was silenced
bill
Sorry you feel this way :(

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Well I’m up beat.......dealer just rang me. Our van should be with them sometime during the week starting 3rd August (arriving from Germany). We can then go up, check the vehicle over, point to where we want all the bits bolted on, then wait until first week in September to get the new reg. :giggle:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
The way forward with cars is for them to produce only what they can sell at a “correct” market price

Stop overpricing, stop discounting

Motorhomes need to follow suit

Buyers need to understand that ALL vehicles lose money, depreciation is a cost and DEALERS for their part need to stop hiding over-allowance in the RRP

RANT OVER😂

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
If there new vans then they are sale demo's and if you order one it will be factory fresh .usually they sell the demo's towards the year end as the 2021 models will be launched around October.

With her funds they are definitely second-hand!

She didn't say what she was expecting them to cost BUT she quickly started looking at caravans costing around £5k! :giggle:

Gordon

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
The way forward with cars is for them to produce only what they can sell at a “correct” market price

Stop overpricing, stop discounting

Motorhomes need to follow suit

Buyers need to understand that ALL vehicles lose money, depreciation is a cost and DEALERS for their part need to stop hiding over-allowance in the RRP

RANT OVER😂
It’s a game called negotiation, it will never end it is the way of the world and we all like to believe we negotiated a bargain. 👍😎

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
It’s a game called negotiation, it will never end it is the way of the world and we all like to believe we negotiated a bargain. 👍😎
Ad a dealer its bloody hard when Mr Smith turns up with his 3 year old van expecting to part exchange it for £1000 less than he paid for it, thinking because he has bought a Safari room and a TV aerial for his van its obviously worth more than the brand new one on the forecourt.......

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Ad a dealer its bloody hard when Mr Smith turns up with his 3 year old van expecting to part exchange it for £1000 less than he paid for it, thinking because he has bought a Safari room and a TV aerial for his van its obviously worth more than the brand new one on the forecourt.......
Lol Did you offer a red or blue pill (as in the matrix)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just checked our dealers website, the van we part exchanged has been sold. hope the
new owners have as good a time in it as we did.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I beg to differ, the future is “thats the price, click your mouse, you get it tomorrow, its £xxx a month including insurance /tax/maintenance“

i grant not aimed at our generation, but the spenders that are to come

Bartering will be a thing of the past, hard to believe now, but have a close look at where the car job has moved to in a few short years
You walk into a car showroom these days, they punch your reg into the compoter, and the “computer” tells you what the car is worth in swap......END of conversation 😄

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You walk into a car showroom these days, they punch your reg into the compoter, and the “computer” tells you what the car is worth in swap......END of conversation 😄
As a start to the debate yes. Then they look at the car, you tell them what you want for it, they look again, they go and speak to their boss..... and so on and you invariably end up with a better px. Except you of course:unsure:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
As a start to the debate yes. Then they look at the car, you tell them what you want for it, they look again, they go and speak to their boss..... and so on and you invariably end up with a better px. Except you of course:unsure:
I was commenting on where I believe the future is going to be
There are clear signs that it is happening already
General retail has changed beyond all recognition in the last 15 years

Look at the way the under 30’s shop, entertain themselves, live their lives.....

Hard to believe but THEY will be the 50-60 year olds in a frighteningly quick time 👍

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016

And then I tap a few randon numbers in my phone and tell them what I want for it and we always seem to end up somewhere around the middle. :LOL:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Look at the way the under 30’s shop, entertain themselves, live their lives.....

Hard to believe but THEY will be the 50-60 year olds in a frighteningly quick time 👍

I agree with you.

The thing with the computer pricing means the dealers are generally on a level playing field.
If they all stick to that trade in price your stuffed.

From w we hat I’ve seen the 20 to 30 year olds look at something on the computer and buy.
They don’t seem to bother price comparing for some reason.

It’s all alien to me 😊

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Anyone tried negotiating a price in the markets in S A.

Not much is said just a calculator is passed back and forth with the numbers each person wants to pay or receive 😂

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp

I watch my kids buy large capital items, they are no different to me.
I agree with you.

The thing with the computer pricing means the dealers are generally on a level playing field.
If they all stick to that trade in price your stuffed.

From w we hat I’ve seen the 20 to 30 year olds look at something on the computer and buy.
They don’t seem to bother price comparing for some reason.

It’s all alien to me 😊

I have to disagree, in my experience they are no different, with the exception that they can access more information in 20 minutes online, than we would find out in four weekends visiting dealers.

They are also faster in making their minds up and doing the deal...

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
And then I tap a few randon numbers in my phone and tell them what I want for it and we always seem to end up somewhere around the middle. :LOL:
yes , that's the way YOU do it in 2020
Not the way I belueve it will be available to do in , say, 2030

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
yes , that's the way YOU do it in 2020
Not the way I belueve it will be available to do in , say, 2030

And the quote I responded to said 'these days'... (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back