Motorhome Roadsie Assistance (1 Viewer)

TazzieLola

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding this type of cover. Got this a cheap price last year through caravan & Camping Club, but was not happy as we have dogs and was told if we break down if 'the drivers doesn't like dogs he won't recover you' looking for a more animal friendly recovery company, anyone got any advise/experiences.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding this type of cover. Got this a cheap price last year through caravan & Camping Club, but was not happy as we have dogs and was told if we break down if 'the drivers doesn't like dogs he won't recover you' looking for a more animal friendly recovery company, anyone got any advise/experiences.
They don't HAVE to allow animals in the cab but would normally put pets in the van so your choice.
I would think this applies across all providers.
Certainly did when I did recovery but I allowed lap dogs in the cab providing they stayed on the owners lap.
I wasn't spending time hoovering dog hairs from the seats and floor before the next job.

OP
OP
TazzieLola

TazzieLola

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi All,
Happy New Year to you all!

Now have renewal in for this gone up 50%!!!!!! any one got another provider they can recommend Pleeaase!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi All,
Happy New Year to you all!

Now have renewal in for this gone up 50%!!!!!! any one got another provider they can recommend Pleeaase!!!
It’s an annoying fact of modern life that we all have to do the ring around for new quotes every year for everything!:mad:
Not sure if you are just looking for breakdown or for renewal of insurance. I have gone with Comfort this year with £50 extra for U.K. and European breakdown and recovery.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Not sure about the dogs issue but I will be changing from Caravan Guard at renewal as my experience of their breakdown cover has not been good. When our van wouldn't start after we stopped in a layby on the A1 they sent out a teenager with a battery booster and a bottle jack and little else and he was unable to diagnose anything except a recovery truck which had towbar scraping difficulty getting the van on the back to transport to Camper UK. Then they were less than helpful when Camper UK were unable to look at the Van and we needed to go elsewhere. They said we couldn't be moved twice for the same issue (fair enough I suppose) but when I said I would pay they said we were too big.
I will probably go back to Safeguard if they are competitive now I will be new business rather than existing customer.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
we have roadside insurance with these https://www.first4recovery.co.uk/ very easy to deal with and cover everything at well less cost than the others, not had to use the service so cant comment how good they are at the actual job.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I am currently looking to renew my breakdown recovery.
My problem is the vehicle is 7.65 mtrs and 3.68 t.All quotes are limited to 7m and upto 3.5t.Awaiting further quotes and will contact new insurer(Saga wanted nearly 250 more than my new insurer).
Happy Days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Ah....checked my v5 document and have confused laden weight with unladen so 3.2 is good.mh is Bailey autograph 765.has anyone been recovered on truck(hopefully not???)so I should be able to use all motorhome recovery companies ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back