Motorhome Refund (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
M

Mike100

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi Mike. With reference to my post yesterday regarding motorhome exchanges.
I mentioned a friend in Liverpool who has had over 18 months of hell with his "Made in Britain Badly" motorhome. Well after several letters, mentions on this site, visits to the dealer he has at last been offered an exchange. He went to the NEC earlier this week and after many meetings and talks they have agreed he has a rogue van so a Brand New vehicle is to be given to him next week No money is to change hands but he will have the cost of fitting any extras other than standard.
I do hope he has better luck with this vehicle but if the new one is still a load of c... god help him.
If you need the vehicle and manufacturers name and any other facts just email me.
Regards,
Wiljoy

Thanks Wiljoy, Just the name of the manufacturer would be a great help.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Many thanks everyone, messages have been helpful.
This coming week we are going to arrange a sit down, calm conversation with the dealer, this forum has helped immensely, and we have a better idea of what we need to do. We want to remain clear headed and calm about this situation we find ourselves in.
Many Thanks, Mike.

That is the sensible solution to any problem frankly and normally gets results.

Peter

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Good Luck Mike.
As a matter of interest my friend from Liverpool also has a Swift (Autocruise) and the decision to give him a brand new vehicle after 18 moths was at the NEC this week. They must either be feeling generous or guilty but I still cannot believe either from a manufacturer.
Wiljoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pete the pub

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi, I bought a new Autocruise Gleneagle at the 2008 NEC show and picked it up in February 2009.
From day one I had a few minor problems, I was told all of these things would be put right. After a trip to France other problems apeared on return took the M/H back to dealer who had it for about 4 weeks when I went to pick it up things that were wrong still hadnt been done.
Anyway we then went to France and Spain and the clutch failed after 4000 miles, came back and just has it happened the Motor home show was on at the NEC so we went to play hell with Swift etc. They all talk very nicley to you and promise you the earth and the word sorry must be used hundreds of times. SORRY dosnt make it right. We went back to get the van and brought it back to the UK in November.
Swift arranged for the M/H to be picked up at a local dealer and that was the last I saw of it untill February.
When I was told the van was ready I went to check it over and yes they still hadnt done all the work. I rang the following week just to check that Swift had been to fix it and to make sure the habitation check was done of which Swift had agreed to pay for as a matter of goodwill, I was told there was damp in the roof.
This was the final nail in the coffin. I rang the dealer who I bought it of and told him that I was going to take legal action against them and Swift. I also suggested a figure I was prepared to accept from them if they would take the van back and end this saga.
Within four days they had agreed and the van went back.
I must say that the dealer has been very good all along, but I do think that the guy in there service department was lets say not very good I would like to say more but use your imagination.
Swift on the other hand promise you everything and you get bits at a time. Surely I major player in the industry should get there act together. I have a small buisiness and have also worked for major company in a senior roll and I have always believed that your customer no matter if he is spending £1 or £100000. is so so important if you did not have them you would not be in buisiness.
The other thing I cannot understand the dealer is selling my van for £2000 more than I paid over 12months ago.
One last thing all of the telephone calls emails letters and going to see these people does get you down I and my wife have had many a sleepless night worrying. You spend a lot of money I spent £48k which believe me did not come very easy all the people you talk to at these companys forget what it does to you.
Good luck and do not give in.
Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back