LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our van has a Blaupunkt AM/FM radio which was in it when we bought it 9 and a half years ago.
We managed OK with it over the years but reception was absolute rubbish on our trip to the Norfolk show rally in August and we just left it switched off on the way home.

From time to time I had half heartedly looked at replacing it with a DAB radio or installing an adapter but had been put off by high prices (and/or unknown brand names) and imprecise notes in sales blurb about extra fitting kits being needed.

After Norfolk I had another look and spotted that Amazon were selling the Pure Highway 400 for £53.95 (Halfords at the time was £149.99 or something like that) so I decided to get one (after checking that we had a metal cab roof for the aerial to magnetically connect to).

It was very simple to fit and set up but this weekend was the first time we have had chance to "road test" it.
I have to say we are very pleased overall- and so much better to be able to listen to Planet Rock than radio 2.

P.S. I just checked Amazon and it now available at 4 quid less.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I forgot to mention that our old radio doesn't have an Aux input or Bluetooth :)
The Highway 400 can transmit an FM signal on an unused frequency as an alternative to the Aux cable :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back