Motorhome & PVC Modding - Accessories & Discount Codes (1 Viewer)

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
I was in TK Max today and noticed they had some sink organisers for a few £.

CA6571F7-DF8C-4824-830D-62D3C127D407.jpeg

590C49A4-3B96-470A-B7EC-AE06467A5465.jpeg

Just the job for our little glass topped sink

311ABAD7-2659-4850-888F-064E50132F7F.jpeg
389FCF0C-A635-43C1-BE06-3BB6B7AA890C.jpeg

Actually the metal one (stainless!) is perfect for our washing up liquid and cooking oil (separate items! ). Just needs a couple of screws

9E747966-F3B3-4CF2-BAE0-EDF026863F9C.jpeg

Sorry if these have been posted previously.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I was in TK Max today and noticed they had some sink organisers for a few £.

View attachment 304649

View attachment 304652
Just the job for our little glass topped sink

View attachment 304651 View attachment 304650

Actually the metal one (stainless!) is perfect for our washing up liquid and cooking oil (separate items! ). Just needs a couple of screws

View attachment 304653

Sorry if these have been posted previously.
Thank you for those (y) - good ideas & as you might have noticed we are a bit partial to any product in stainless steel especially!:giggle:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As the bed cushions sit partly on top of the side units & only on slats in the middle, to avoid damp under them we have fitted Froli springs with extra support mesh cable tied onto the slats:

DSCF8104.JPG

There are special half springs but not easily available in the UK so just cut a spare one in half & it works fine:

DSCF8122.JPG

The springs don't show once the cushions are back on & a bonus is that it should be super comfy! :snooze::snooze:

DSCF8125.JPG

Like other Funsters who have had these & are Froli fans we will be able to remove them for reuse in the next motorhome - they are very strong so should last years & achieve good prices secondhand if no longer needed.
For anyone considering buying Froli - it's possible to get good prices even with the carriage cost of buying from Germany as not much competition on prices in the UK - suggest emailing Oliver info@l-parts.de & mentioning that you are a Motorhome Fun member as he has offered to do his best prices for us on his products & see if he can offer a better price than elsewhere. This is his website https://www.l-parts.de/advanced_search_result.php?categories_id=0&keywords=FROLI&inc_subcat=1 & eBay shop <Broken link removed>
There are tips for buying from abroad on post #186 of this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Where did you source the Froli springs and how much did they cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Where did you source the Froli springs and how much did they cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.
We bought ours quite a while ago but have now added details of one place to try on post #243 above (y) If Oliver does give you a good price then please post here as it may help others considering these.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
From the same seller (so no extra carriage) we bought these HEOSdoor mats too https://www.l-parts.de/einstiegsmatten-2068.html - bit of a luxury but we had them in our previous motorhome & they worked well protecting the front edge of the rubber seal as well as trapping dirt. More info. here .
A cheaper DIY option is to cut up some car mat & use super strong Velcro.

Treppe-mit-Teppich_2068_3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Everything fits in the garage :Grin:- even our two folding bikes ... just! Downsizing from a coachbuilt this was always a slight concern. One of the tough Wham Bam boxes (posts #48 & #116) but more in behind & easy to reach & slide from the inside:

DSCF8439.jpg

The only disadvantage is that you can't see what's inside & labels don't stick on well as the surface is textured but so strong that we can sit or stand on them & they stack well too:

DSCF8440.JPG

These boxes are claimed to be strong enough to do this:

car-box.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Spot our trusty Tubtrugs (which have now rebranded to Gorilla Tubs) https://redgorilla.red/search/tub+trugs?search=tub trugs in the post above in two shades of blue - have tried different makes but these have endured being strong but flexible & available in lots of funky colours, a variety of sizes & covers & lids (so can stack) are an option too.

41vAXbNTE-L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

92b.jpg

Where flexibility is less important square/rectangular trugs are useful too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Permanent marker? (y)
That's the cunning plan but only once we have tried the present storage system out quite a bit as sure to be adjustments to what we store & where & don't want to spoil these somewhat expensive boxes if the marker pen doesn't come off if we change our mind!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's the cunning plan but only once we have tried the present storage system out quite a bit as sure to be adjustments to what we store & where & don't want to spoil these somewhat expensive boxes if the marker pen doesn't come off if we change our mind!
What about some of these where you can slot in labels? They stick very well and are cheap enough that if you need to change the label you can peel off the old one and put on a new one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-A6-Pl...391597&hash=item3a804f899a:g:8pgAAOxyAc1STIyh

Alternatively some labels with extra strong adhesive on them ...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As the bed cushions sit partly on top of the side units & only on slats in the middle, to avoid damp under them we have fitted Froli springs with extra support mesh cable tied onto the slats:

View attachment 304956

There are special half springs but not easily available in the UK so just cut a spare one in half & it works fine:

View attachment 304957

The springs don't show once the cushions are back on & a bonus is that it should be super comfy! :snooze::snooze:

View attachment 304959

Like other Funsters who have had these & are Froli fans we will be able to remove them for reuse in the next motorhome - they are very strong so should last years & achieve good prices secondhand if no longer needed.
For anyone considering buying Froli - it's possible to get good prices even with the carriage cost of buying from Germany as not much competition on prices in the UK - suggest emailing Oliver info@l-parts.de & mentioning that you are a Motorhome Fun member as he has offered to do his best prices for us on his products & see if he can offer a better price than elsewhere. This is his website https://www.l-parts.de/advanced_search_result.php?categories_id=0&keywords=FROLI&inc_subcat=1 & eBay shop <Broken link removed>
There are tips for buying from abroad on post #186 of this thread.
Froli spring set is at an all time low price wise on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B002BW7NA0 £114.66 delivered per single bed set (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
These No Drill Suction Hooks Amazon product ASIN B00J33P6JK at around £5 per pair aren't the prettiest but very tough ABS plastic & amazing strong suction hold & out of stock on Amazon & elsewhere at the moment but excellent item:

DSCF8435.JPG

Ideal for the bathroom wall as they work best with a smooth surface. Bought these three years ago & they still look like new. There's a huge choice of suction hooks online but this pull down lever fixing type work particularly well & leave no trace when removed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This Koziol suction soap dish Amazon product ASIN B002UORL3S £8.75 (also one with damaged packaging in Amazon Warehouse £4.35) was handy in our last motorhome & in use again fixed on the mirror so it drains over the sink:

DSCF8431.JPG

The dish part lifts off for travelling & easy to keep clean.
It's available in a range of colours too - red, taupe, grey & blue.

71nwONM5tSL._SL1500_.jpg

71lj41T%2B-8L._SL1500_.jpg

81HvU05lP-L._SL1500_.jpg

71fYQJDZ-jL._SL1500_.jpg

81ZkVHCPi3L._SL1500_.jpg

There's a toothbrush holder in some colours Amazon product ASIN B00009RHBX from £4.50 in Amazon Warehouse to match too:

71Pei9-e49L._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looking at other Koziol items spotted these holders Amazon product ASIN B00009RHBS £5.50 each in a large range of colours for normal (non electric) toothbrushes:

716zlrKhwPL._SL1500_.jpg

Broken Link Removed

There are quite a few similar designs like this but cheaper so worth shopping around.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Love those hooks @Wombles and totally agree with you about the quality versus cost thing. We now have our hand made shelf / sofa arm things for beside the bed with a real Denby mug nestled in each :) (The camper is named Denby)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Love those hooks @Wombles and totally agree with you about the quality versus cost thing. We now have our hand made shelf / sofa arm things for beside the bed with a real Denby mug nestled in each :) (The camper is named Denby)
Thinking about it another reason is that my Gran didn't buy a lot of things & she was very careful with money but she chose the best quality & design that she could afford. I didn't really appreciate that until recent years & now that we have a house full of way too much "stuff" our new mantra is if it isn't useful or beautiful it has to go! Still working on that though. Funnily enough I have a small set of matt powder blue Denby mugs which are both of those things, around 35 years old & remind me of good days with my Gran as they were hers so they make me happy every day when I use them.

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Although the original pop out caravan style [handles] fit flush & look neat, once we have the drawers loaded with cooking bits & pieces not sure how well they would cope long term. Having done this before in our previous motorhome know how much easier too having good strong pull handles can be.
That's a good point. Our new (to us) MoHo has a couple of "sticky" doors. Unfortunately, unlike yours, it's 19 years old, so the pop-out handles on ours are brass, which would not be my choice of metalwork colour, so I don't want to add any unnecessary extra handles, but it's a good idea to add some to the doors that don't "fall" open easily - especially as both are ones that are likely to get used regularly. I can at least find some brass handles that complement the ones on the oven.

Loving this thread - there are some great ideas in it.

I feel a post of my own coming on. We'd got used to the modifications we'd made to our old MoHo, and can't believe that our new one (like the old one) has had got to the ripe old age of 19 without (as far as I can see) a single mod. Not even the addition of a bin! I've made a few mods already, with some more already in the planning stages. We haven't even been away anywhere in it yet :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had this Technoline radio controlled clock with alarm, weather station function & temperatures for quite a few years now & very handy - currently Amazon product ASIN B002DNE0IK £23.95 delivered. We don't often use the outside temperature sensor but could be useful for some. Runs on AAA batteries, is quite slim & light & is stuck on with a heavy duty Velcro disc as mentioned above:

View attachment 304251

View attachment 304246

Another use for the Velcro (just one disc) was for the hard cased fire blanket:

View attachment 304247

We've had ours for some time now but a similar one here Amazon product ASIN B00PPND7S4 £9.98
Just spotted an alternative use for the extra sensor that comes with the Technoline unit - a German motorhomer uses theirs to monitor their fridge temperature so will be trying that as it sounds like an excellent idea & good to repurpose that rather than buy a fridge thermometer.

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
Exciting post arrived today & the best solutions to securing the sliding door & rear barn doors from inside for us that we have found from https://www.womo-tuning.de/ in Germany. If anyone does want to order any of their well made products then they have kindly agreed a 5% discount code MOTORHOMEFUN-UK for Funsters (y)
See post 186 above for tips for buying from overseas.
This lock €34.90 (minus discount plus €9.90 shipping per order) is for the sliding door:

I have just found this great thread, was particularly interested in this sliding door security device. However just been onto their website and they don't appear to post to the UK now. Do you know if there is another source for it?

Many thanks

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
We bought our headlights from Coastal Motorhomes - if replacing LHD headlights with LED DRL it’s essential when replacing them with RHD headlights to make sure that they are the same type or you will get errors - more details here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ucato-boxer-with-led-drl.183750/#post-3012963

Coastal were the cheapest we found for genuine Fiat parts (fit Citroen too) & now give a 10% (off net price) Motorhome Fun member discount with code " motorhomefun " off all their products on their website https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/ (y)

Knowing how expensive these headlights are we fitted Airplex protectors £69.95 delivered from Van Comfort http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/headlampdeflectorspage_000.htm

View attachment 259599

Very easy to use & the added advantage that they are marked ready with the area to tape off when using on the continent. Some 50mm insulation tape should be ideal for this once the supplied patches have been used (will make cardboard templates first) - big 33m roll of tape only £1.95 https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p73266 whereas new spare patches are £4.95!

View attachment 259600
If you still have your LH headlamps just swap them over when you are going abroad. This takes like 2 mins to do with 2 x torx screws and a multiplug. This is what i did on our last van.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
If and when everything returns to *normal* whatever that may be look at IKEA for their range of hooks and bathroom accessories, can't put a picture up as I am IT illiterate (through choice) but they stick on most surfaces and need no drilling and can be removed by sliding a credit card under them, soap dishes , shower trays etc

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I have just found this great thread, was particularly interested in this sliding door security device. However just been onto their website and they don't appear to post to the UK now. Do you know if there is another source for it?

Many thanks
Glad you like this thread :blusher: - much more to be added when time allows!
The sliding door lock is very good - the website belongs to Patrick who designs & manufactures his own products & know from his Facebook page that he usually has a stand at the annual Dusseldorf Caravan Salon Show & searching found just one reseller who is also in Germany. It may be worth emailing Patrick to see if he can send a Paypal invoice or similar & ship to the UK but alternatively just done a search & found the sliding door version here <Broken link removed> & doing a dummy order they do ship to UK but it's a heavy chain so €16.90 but looks like the same rate if multiple items too.
Some of the other Womo Tuning (now also known as Camper Protect) products are also available here <Broken link removed> for anyone that may be interested.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If and when everything returns to *normal* whatever that may be look at IKEA for their range of hooks and bathroom accessories, can't put a picture up as I am IT illiterate (through choice) but they stick on most surfaces and need no drilling and can be removed by sliding a credit card under them, soap dishes , shower trays etc
So many cleverly designed products in Ikea (y) Don't know if these are the ones you mentioned but often see them used in motorhome bathrooms https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tisken-hook-with-suction-cup-white-70381275/

1586629792988.png

They do a whole range https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/products/?q=tisken like this:
1586629840458.png

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
That's the ones thanks, one day I will learn to control this thing I have loads of pictures and for some reason it does not respond or like requests to attach files................mind you I was a fan of the Glitter band :p

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Do like a few security products to deter thieves - the Clutch Claw is easy to carry & to take on & off. We have used this pedal lock on two motorhomes & a car so far as can be readjusted to fit different vehicles which takes about 30 minutes.

Boxer-2-400x300.jpg
UPDATE: We now have our own 10% Fun discount code for Clutch Claw
motorhomefun10 when buying direct from the manufacturers website
https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device which makes it £95.10 delivered instead of £105 (y) See thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/clutch-claw-with-10-motorhome-fun-discount-code.218289/ for more info.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I reckon wombles is / must be on a commission thing here:LOL:, ive spent loads on his suggestions!!!:eek:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I reckon wombles is / must be on a commission thing here:LOL:, ive spent loads on his suggestions!!!:eek:
Be nice if we were! Can't even benefit from Funster discount on Clutch Claw as we already have two - both bought years ago & transferred as we changed vehicles - that was a good investment though :smiley:
Hope you have liked the things that you bought? Some, like the Colapz (Flopro) watering can are a bit Marmite - have met Funsters on rallies who went on to buy more as they carry two & others who sold them on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
skylinersi (just in case & hope I'm not too late) & anyone considering Clutch Claw just spotted in the Clearance section some Grade B stock that just have the odd paint imperfection at a lower price https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-car-security-device-grade-b/ which using the discount code are just £86.10 delivered but stocks may be very limited (showing 3 now) so be quick if you want one! :cycle:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back