Motorhome purchase (1 Viewer)

May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hello Again everyone

I thought I would start another post rather than carry on adding to my last on on 'dealer woes'
spotted this one on gumtree and the owners seem genuine so far and we have a video call with them later on today. Has anyone any experience with this model or know anything about it. price- mileage fair?
It's an automatic which I do fancy but are there any disadvantages with automatics?. I'll try and past the add in now as I can't work out how to share from gumtree to here.
I would appreciate any advice as I don't want to make a mistake on buying our first motorhome

I can't work out how to share onto here so will have to copy an paste

Motorhome Fiat ROLLER TEAM ZEFIRO 235 TL, 2016, 2300 (cc)
Melrose, Scottish Borders
£36,950.00

1 day agoMakeFiatModelROLLER TEAM ZEFIRO 235 TLYear2016Mileage46556 milesSeller typePrivate
Body typeOtherTransmissionAutomaticFuel typeDieselEngine size2300 ccColourWhitePrevious Keepers2

Description
Fiat Motorhome
Rollerteam Zefiro 235 5.99m
MOT til March 2021
4 berth 2.3 diesel
6 speed automatic gearbox
Central locking
Cab air conditioning
Rear view reverse camera, reverse sensors
Solar panel
Refillable LPG system
End bathroom with SOG toilet system, separate shower area and vanity unit
Electric drop down bed with memory foam mattress
Full size fridge freezer, 3 ring gas hob, electric oven and grill
2 captains chairs
Large roof skylight
Leather upholstery
Wood effect flooring
4 travel seat belts
Blow air heating
LED lighting
Overcab storage and wardrobes
Large outside locker with hot air blow heater
Avtex TV with built in DVD player
4 bike cycle carrier
Pristine condition
Pm for more info or any questions
Serious enquiries, no dealers pls

Ad ID: 1386500642

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We have covered just over 9,000 miles in our one year old van, we are retired but not full timers. Whilst it’s not unheard of I would be cautious especially as its had 2 former keepers. At four plus years old it should of had two services plus annual habitation checks and damp tests. I would want to see all the history, the advert states electric drop down bed these can be troublesome and parts hard to come by, an electric oven ? Do you intend to camp off grid, what power a lot of European sites hook up may not be powerful enough to use it. I used to maintain a fleet of hire vans and have seen how they are treated so beware if it has been one, check really carefully for any damage especially over cab and rear corners. Feel it’s a bit overpriced with that mileage although from the mechanical side if it’s been regularly serviced should be fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
We have covered just over 9,000 miles in our one year old van, we are retired but not full timers. Whilst it’s not unheard of I would be cautious especially as its had 2 former keepers. At four plus years old it should of had two services plus annual habitation checks and damp tests. I would want to see all the history, the advert states electric drop down bed these can be troublesome and parts hard to come by, an electric oven ? Do you intend to camp off grid, what power a lot of European sites hook up may not be powerful enough to use it. I used to maintain a fleet of hire vans and have seen how they are treated so beware if it has been one, check really carefully for any damage especially over cab and rear corners. Feel it’s a bit overpriced with that mileage although from the mechanical side if it’s been regularly serviced should be fine.

Many thanks for your advice. We decided against it because of the drop down bed. We also don't fancy buying an ex hire now after visiting a dealer today as the vans they are selling looked tired. My feeling is that people will do their best not to damage the vans and lose all or part of their deposit but will drive the vans hard as that is not as apparent on returning them to the hiring dealer.
We now have a good idea what we are looking for but it's proving very difficult to find other than through dealers. The sales person we dealt with today was the best we have encountered however. He spent an hour with us at least and was very willing to talk as opposed to the dour and nonchalant ones before him. He didn't convince us about his vans though.
At all the dealers we have visited we have found they are not entertaining the thought of negotiating so the advice in this area in Jim's Guide is not much use at the moment.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi appreciate it's difficult to gather information, like us when we found this great (y) forum, we had already purchased our 2003 hymer, 5 berth, a!so wanted to take along the grandkids, thought about the over CAb, I had my knee relacement, so found that ladder a bit challenging, but kids use it as a penthouse suite, and when it's just me and hubby, great space for storage, we have a dinette, which makes into a double( made hubby stretch out( some are only suitable for kids).. Advice again I had read after!!! We purchased..so I feel your at a advantage, able to read anything and everything..yes, lots to learn:unsure: and we continue to get great advice from funsters on here, we were lucky, but it could of easily been a very expensive mistake for us, ask away, everyone is so helpful and even if their comments you don't want to hear, honesty is also we have learnt from. Good luck, sure you will find your peace of heaven..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi appreciate it's difficult to gather information, like us when we found this great (y) forum, we had already purchased our 2003 hymer, 5 berth, a!so wanted to take along the grandkids, thought about the over CAb, I had my knee relacement, so found that ladder a bit challenging, but kids use it as a penthouse suite, and when it's just me and hubby, great space for storage, we have a dinette, which makes into a double( made hubby stretch out( some are only suitable for kids).. Advice again I had read after!!! We purchased..so I feel your at a advantage, able to read anything and everything..yes, lots to learn:unsure: and we continue to get great advice from funsters on here, we were lucky, but it could of easily been a very expensive mistake for us, ask away, everyone is so helpful and even if their comments you don't want to hear, honesty is also we have learnt from. Good luck, sure you will find your peace of heaven..

Yes we'll take our time. booked a hotel in portree in skye for three night break at end of the month as I can't see us finding 'the one' before then and I won't rush it. I'm hoping to find a nice van off a funster member and will travel to the end of the country for it if it's right. :giggle:

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
If you know the model (s) you would buy, why not place a wanted advert in the classifieds? It might encourage someone to sell who hasn't considered selling previously

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
If you know the model (s) you would buy, why not place a wanted advert in the classifieds? It might encourage someone to sell who hasn't considered selling previously

worth a try MisterB. not sure about model though. we know what we are looking for in terms of layout and would like an automatic but quite a few models have this and we are still trying to learn what to go for amongst them. been looking at all manufacturers.

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Ive never been to Alan Kerr motorhomes in Paignton but they’ve just hired an excellent sales manager who is on this forum and his dad also on here eddievanbitz owns vanbitz for all your alarm needs (and more besides, google Vanbitz, Taunton) anyway this guys name is Simon from Simon-Alan Kerr
He will give you the most helpful advice ever to get you the motorhome you want, and for previous reviews on how he does business and looks after people read the reviews on the reviews page on here for both Simon Howard’s motorhomes (his old employment) and his dads business Vanbitz, have a good read and make your own mind up if these are the people you would like to deal with.
PS I bought an Adria motorhomes off Simon, unseen and just by his description and the manner in the way he treats people, ZERO problems with it👍

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Another vote for Simon's helpfulness, I have never met him or bought from him, so I am not a customer BUT he once helped me out with something even though he wasn't involved. Decent bloke !!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Ive never been to Alan Kerr motorhomes in Paignton but they’ve just hired an excellent sales manager who is on this forum and his dad also on here eddievanbitz owns vanbitz for all your alarm needs (and more besides, google Vanbitz, Taunton) anyway this guys name is Simon from Simon-Alan Kerr
He will give you the most helpful advice ever to get you the motorhome you want, and for previous reviews on how he does business and looks after people read the reviews on the reviews page on here for both Simon Howard’s motorhomes (his old employment) and his dads business Vanbitz, have a good read and make your own mind up if these are the people you would like to deal with.
PS I bought an Adria motorhomes off Simon, unseen and just by his description and the manner in the way he treats people, ZERO problems with it👍
Many thanks westy I'll have a look at the links now. I wouldn't mind buying from a dealer miles away if their recommended here

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I just clicked on link for Howards motorhomes and it says closed down??

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I just clicked on link for Howards motorhomes and it says closed down??
Yes that’s his old firm, Howard’s is still going but not the motorhomes side, he has now moved to Alan Kerr motorhomes in a senior role, he is looking to take the business up a gear, so to speak. You can send him a pm with your requirements here Simon-Alan Kerr and start a conversation and I’m sure he will make time to chat to you!!
Btw I travelled down there from Yorkshire and stayed on the Vanbitz campsite for two nights to give the van a shake down and he even came to the site the following evening to check everything was ok👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Yes that’s his old firm, Howard’s is still going but not the motorhomes side, he has now moved to Alan Kerr motorhomes in a senior role, he is looking to take the business up a gear, so to speak. You can send him a pm with your requirements here Simon-Alan Kerr and start a conversation and I’m sure he will make time to chat to you!!
Btw I travelled down there from Yorkshire and stayed on the Vanbitz campsite for two nights to give the van a shake down and he even came to the site the following evening to check everything was ok👍
cheers westy I'll have a look now, I didn't see a way to send a pm when I click on his name. Will look again. Not too used to this yet

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Yes looked at the french bed and decided we like the transverse type. As time goes on and thanks to this forum we're getting to know what we are looking for but it's proving hard to find.

Transverse bed at rear
low mileage as possible- no more than 3 yrs old
automatic gearbox
must have oven
must have work decent kitchen worksurface- we both like to cook
don't want the big hump over cab
low profile
less then
decent size shower that we can actually use- get into
probably more that I can't think of right now

we looked at an adria compact but not sure. I don't have a problem with 7m plus but my partner does. The only ones we can find are through dealers and then there is the possibility of leaks? I'll need to check out the reviews
You may find the transverse bed a bit of a problem if you have to get up in the night. We went for the two singles option, which has worked well for us, as you still have full use of the rest of the van, and the bedroom area can be curtained off if an afternoon nap is needed, or if you need to get up early and want a morning cuppa you can, without disturbing SWMBO. The Hobby van is still only 6.75 long.
20201001_170611.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Hello Again everyone

I thought I would start another post rather than carry on adding to my last on on 'dealer woes'
spotted this one on gumtree and the owners seem genuine so far and we have a video call with them later on today. Has anyone any experience with this model or know anything about it. price- mileage fair?
It's an automatic which I do fancy but are there any disadvantages with automatics?. I'll try and past the add in now as I can't work out how to share from gumtree to here.
I would appreciate any advice as I don't want to make a mistake on buying our first motorhome

I can't work out how to share onto here so will have to copy an paste

Motorhome Fiat ROLLER TEAM ZEFIRO 235 TL, 2016, 2300 (cc)
Melrose, Scottish Borders
£36,950.00

1 day agoMakeFiatModelROLLER TEAM ZEFIRO 235 TLYear2016Mileage46556 milesSeller typePrivate
Body typeOtherTransmissionAutomaticFuel typeDieselEngine size2300 ccColourWhitePrevious Keepers2

Description
Fiat Motorhome
Rollerteam Zefiro 235 5.99m
MOT til March 2021
4 berth 2.3 diesel
6 speed automatic gearbox
Central locking
Cab air conditioning
Rear view reverse camera, reverse sensors
Solar panel
Refillable LPG system
End bathroom with SOG toilet system, separate shower area and vanity unit
Electric drop down bed with memory foam mattress
Full size fridge freezer, 3 ring gas hob, electric oven and grill
2 captains chairs
Large roof skylight
Leather upholstery
Wood effect flooring
4 travel seat belts
Blow air heating
LED lighting
Overcab storage and wardrobes
Large outside locker with hot air blow heater
Avtex TV with built in DVD player
4 bike cycle carrier
Pristine condition
Pm for more info or any questions
Serious enquiries, no dealers pls

Ad ID: 1386500642

Upvote 0

J Mendes

Free Member
Oct 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
bessacarr 2010
Exp
2010 bessacarr fiat ducato 40 maxi 130m-jet
Hi in July I bout one bessacarE665 with 15000 miles from 2010 and I have problem on fanny noise one I torn left look like the same noise one I brake I been in fiat dealer and they say don't fine any problem with brakes can any one help me on this problem

Upvote 0

Squifter

Free Member
Feb 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T590
Exp
New to the game
It's around 4.5 years old.
Is it still the original vehicle \ leisure batteries (if so, they'll possibly need replaced soon). Maybe around £100-150 each.
Tyres could be reaching "end of life". Maybe £120-180 each.
Cambelt and associated parts will be needing replaced imminently. Cost probably around £400-600.
When was it last serviced? Maybe around £200-300.
It's been "off the road" between February and July 2020 according to MOT history, why? Only done c3,000 miles between February 2019 and July 2020 so 42k in first three years (14k / year).
There will be other "consumable" items I've forgotten about!
You'll be taking damp \ multi meters with you when viewing?
Is there a "local" Funster in Melrose area that would be in a position \ prepared to have a look see at it with you?
Might a local Funster be in a position to recommend an approved local mobile service agent who could give it a once over for you (at a cost)?
Best of luck in your search and if this is the one (y)Lockdown!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
You may find the transverse bed a bit of a problem if you have to get up in the night. We went for the two singles option, which has worked well for us, as you still have full use of the rest of the van, and the bedroom area can be curtained off if an afternoon nap is needed, or if you need to get up early and want a morning cuppa you can, without disturbing SWMBO. The Hobby van is still only 6.75 long.View attachment 432499
Yep, found this out too after another trip to a dealer. Singles or island for us but does an island bed not make the van a bit longer?. Trying to stay under 7m and we've seen singles that are compact

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yep, found this out too after another trip to a dealer. Singles or island for us but does an island bed not make the van a bit longer?. Trying to stay under 7m and we've seen singles that are compact
Pretty certain I've seen a layout with the island bed running transversely but what it was ?????

Jsut remembered this site. Might give you some ideas?
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
hi, having nothing better to do i looked at recent sales for this model, it looks like it may be this one

This was for sale in Conway wales but the mileage looks similar, they may be tell you a little about the history (data protection act may limit full details) but if it is the same one they they have done a pre-buying check.

All the best and hope you find what you want.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
hi, having nothing better to do i looked at recent sales for this model, it looks like it may be this one

This was for sale in Conway wales but the mileage looks similar, they may be tell you a little about the history (data protection act may limit full details) but if it is the same one they they have done a pre-buying check.

All the best and hope you find what you want.
Many thanks for info. Not going for drop down bed now which this one has ???

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Not sure what your budget is, but would something like this suit?
Broken Link Removed
Mike

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi i often
looked on oak tree motorhome in nottingham..mainly for research reasons, whilst we were looking, good detail about specifications, good clear pictureS...lots of various models and prices, you also need to think about storage, if required. Tyres if need changing? MOT...Insurance, I wanted to spend our Budget completely, thAnkfully :clap:
hubby has his sensible head on, so kept a bit back for ( what happens if this or that needs doing)..:unsure:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back