Motorhome prices Post-Vaccine? (2 Viewers)

Aug 28, 2020
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
none
Hi all
with an end to the pandemic in sight, I wonder what will happen to the current froth on the MH market. Will people be so happy to be able to take to the skies again, with heavily discounted fairs anticipated, that MHs will get dropped as quickly as they became fashionable?......or will current strong prices continue? Crystal ball gazing I know, but as I'm in the market I'm curious what your take might be,,,

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Well it cant get any higher than it has been for the last 6 months
There is evidence that prices are softening and not every thing is selling.

This will continue for the next 3 months for sure

It may well seasonally strengthen after that but it won't be like this year

Hold tight for a bit and get a bargain

Crazzy

Upvote 0
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure they are softening either one of these dealers is taking the mickey or the offer dealer in underpricing but two virtually identical Motorhomes apart from about 12k in mileage. Would think the Premier has put the first two number the wrong way around.

1608549010722.png

Upvote 0

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Every thing will tank next year for sure

House prices

Motorhomes

Cars etc etc

Boom

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
I'm sure if you have the money and know what to invest in you could be in a position to make serious dosh takeing advantage of people that didn't manage to weather the storm
Not got the money or the knowledge myself or happy with the morality of it

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004

House prices

Motorhomes

Cars etc etc

Boom
Chin up eh :)
Dont really agree, without discussing ups and downs from effects of the B word, we will never know until we give it a go.
The economy is always made up from people who are winning and people who are losing, supply/demand etc. Great opportunities will open and we shall make the most of them.
Those that win will buy therefore keeping demand up + prices, lets hope we have more winners than losers.
good luck

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I'm sure if you have the money and know what to invest in you could be in a position to make serious dosh takeing advantage of people that didn't manage to weather the storm
Not got the money or the knowledge myself or happy with the morality of it
hmmm? this is a tough one to ponder, when you say weather the storm? it depends.
I know people in buisness that couldnt "weather" the covid storm even though the business was quite succesful before covid.
They are now bankrupt ?? why, because they took all the profits and spent them instead of setting the business on a firm footing for such an event.

The flip side of this is thier competitors that DID make sure businesses were well run, are now taking all the sales form the ones that went bust, therefore making them the winners and having record years.

Same could be said in most walks of life, the sad thing is, this Covid has hit some families bad through no fault of their own

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging

House prices

Motorhomes

Cars etc etc

Boom
Don't agree.

The pandemic has altered many (most) people's perception of what they want out of life and what they need to do to get it. As has been said, the clever entrepreneur (and the spiv) will latch onto that.

Regarding motorhomes, its gone mad. I had the 2 year old bus in the workshop for a bit of maintenance and it was suggested that I could get more than my original purchase price if I sold it. People have realised that when you use planes, buses, trains, cruise liners, hotels, B and Bs etc, you are too exposed to other people. But with a motorhome, caravan or tent, and some gumption, you can maintain whatever safety distance and other measures you need to feel safe.

Regarding leisure flying, I think it's not going to recover to pre-covid numbers within several years. Possibly not ever. I have friends and family who are adamant that they will not fly again. I certainly never will, but I loathe flying anyway.

That shortfall will be made up with airfreight, but more passenger airlines will go to the wall.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all
with an end to the pandemic in sight, I wonder what will happen to the current froth on the MH market. Will people be so happy to be able to take to the skies again, with heavily discounted fairs anticipated, that MHs will get dropped as quickly as they became fashionable?......or will current strong prices continue? Crystal ball gazing I know, but as I'm in the market I'm curious what your take might be,,,

OP was not to know then, but his opening words seem very hollow today, unfortunately.

Geoff

Upvote 0

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Well one thing in my opinion is there is very little that will be better in 2021

Upvote 0

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
About what is happening out there in the real world as apposed to just continuing too believe what they want

All the facts are out there

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
All the facts are out there
One of the hardest things for a significant percentage of people to accept, is that although facts are incontrovertible, a person's weighting, interpretation and selection of those facts can differ, according to their preconceptions.

Ergo, Palestine, Brexit, Politics in general, Falklands, Religion, etc etc etc.
I see you live in Kent so you have time on your hands to do the research

Google is your friend
But what am I researching?

Upvote 0
Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
ā€œ Iā€™m a newbieā€
Not sure they are softening either one of these dealers is taking the mickey or the offer dealer in underpricing but two virtually identical Motorhomes apart from about 12k in mileage. Would think the Premier has put the first two number the wrong way around.

View attachment 450299
They do look expensive for the year, a pal of mine is selling a 2017 Kontiki 635 self-leveling suspension 8,000 miles on the clock and was offered Ā£44,000 off one dealer and Ā£48,000 off another which I think he's considering so they will be making a right mark up on it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back