Motorhome payload and MIRO help (2 Viewers)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
We have a 2000/2001 fiat Ducato 1.9td coachbulit motorhome with 6 fitted seatbelts.
4 are inertia type forward facing and 2 are lap belts rear facing.
Our layout is mid table to seat 4, with a second table and 2 opposite single seats to the near side rear.
Bathroom is to the rear and kitchen is mid van nearside, opposite the 4 person table and seating.
To the front is the overcab bed.
What details we have state this is a 5 berth ( 2 overcab double / treble - ? it’s massive), 2 on the double mid dinette and a single at the rear on the single dinette.
There are usually only 2 of us plus a small dog travelling, but occasionally could be 4 , split 2 adults and 2 small children under 9 years, plus the dog.
I have looked at the vin plate under the bonnet and the following is recorded on the plate:
1. 3200kg
2. 4800kg
3. 1690kg
4. 1750kg.
I have been following the supposedly motorhome payload scandal discussions and the details as posted by Jim with the 180kg guide given for essentials, but I am unsure how to work out the MIRO and don’t know what this even is.
The van was bought pre owned and with a sort of generic produced instructions, which to be fair are fairly good and informative , BUT...
The stated maximum unladen mass is 2605kg
The stated maximum gross mass is 3400kg
The stated payload is 796kg
The stated towing weight is 850kg
The paperwork we have has / was part produced in conjunction with the importing and selling dealers and is a generalisation of instructions taken from motorhomes available around this time of manufacture.
Our conversion is a Ci camping car and the model is known as an Arabella, supplied when new by Don Amott leisure, Burton.
The paperwork does contain some very good guidelines on loading and weights, but having seen the great interest in payloads and potential problems with insurance and the law, I want to be absolutely accurate and understand what we can carry and most importantly, legally and safely.
Sorry if this is a long post but having had some excellent advice from Funsters to other topics, I have tried to be as detailed as possible to avoid further questions, which I really should have detailed in the first place with my post in way of an explanation.
I am confident I can work out what weights extras will be, and will be very strict on my calculations.
We have no sat tv, levelling system, fixed side awning cassette or other, and no oven, but we do take a purpose made microwave,
Don’t take bikes but have a bike rack at the rear and don’t bother with a TV either.
All other items are easily covered in Jim’s 180kg essential list.
If anyone can help me with the MIRO or give me advice on my actual usable payload based on the VIN plate details, I would be very grateful.
ManyThanks
Iain

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I didn’t put my plate under the bonnet, it’s inside behind the drivers seat. All the trucks I’ve driven had their plates inside.

E0A8EF43-39AF-47F0-B007-96F0419A1DD4.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Does anyone know where there is a weighbridge near Todmorden ? Tried searching on google but nothing comes up for them except near Leeds !
I went to our local district council depot where all the utility vehicles and stores are based, plus their workshops and from where they also do unbiased MOTs.
Weighing van for total, rear and front axle weights cost £4.50 for all 3 weights.
We however are in Nottinghamshire, so cant help with Todmordon.
Sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Unfortunate it doesn't work like that. If you load the rear to its max 1750kg your front can only be 1450kg, not 1690kg.
1450kg + 1750kg =3200kg
Same applies the other way round.
You do appear to be within limits of axle weights though.
Yes I understand that. Evenly distributing load weights is as important in a Motorhome as it is in a Caravan when towing, but yes we are within the plated weights when FULLY loaded to the max and with all persons that need to be on board.
But the real chances of us ever needing to be at “full stretch” are remote, with the only real potential additions to Myself and Mrs Yoghurtpot are the 2 small grandchildren, with possibly a 3rd small one and no other additional adults.
So I believe we are ok.
Deep Joy!

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Otter spotter, if you can't find one locally there is one in Trafford park Colliers waste recycling it's where I had mine done reasonably priced to.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Otter spotter, if you can't find one locally there is one in Trafford park Colliers waste recycling it's where I had mine done reasonably priced to.
That’s not too far away, thanks I will give them a call in the new year to arrange.
ta very much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone know where there is a weighbridge near Todmorden ? Tried searching on google but nothing comes up for them except near Leeds !

Weir Warman Halifax Road Todmorden OL14 5RT Tel: (01706) 814251
50 x 0.02 tonnes 18m x 3m
Mon Fri 08:00 to 20:00

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back