Motorhome parking in Santander (or not as the case may be) (1 Viewer)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Just read a thread on Facts regarding the Stance Spanish officials are taking against Motorhomers in Santander and other areas.......:Eeek:

Anyone going to this area needs to be very vigilant, or so it would appear.

Attachments

• imagen003pk4.jpg
    imagen003pk4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 264
  • santander.jpg
    santander.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 248
  • santander1.JPG
    santander1.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 246
  • santander2.JPG
    santander2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 246

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Just read a thread on Facts regarding the Stance Spanish officials are taking against Motorhomers in Santander and other areas.......:Eeek:

Linda,

It appears at present it's only Santander, it will be very interesteing to see what the Brits in Spain have to say about.

Don

T

ton_pc2007

Deleted User
Hello all, my suggestion is that for all motorhomes travellers please, contact your embassy to advise that in the city of Santander it is not allowed to park. And also contact to the ferry´s company to pull Santander´s council, as the number of visitors is quite high during the year.
Over different forums in internet, we are trying to advise everyone and also try to pull Santander´s council to take away this rule.

Ojo en Santander!!!

Link Removed

Hallo aus Spanien... - Campen.de

Willkommen im WOMO-Forum • Thema anzeigen - Hallo aus Spanien...

Fotodenuncias

FORUM CAMPINGCAR-INFOS :: Voir le sujet - Présentation et avis ..

Link Removed

http://************************/ftopic-49933-days0-orderasc-0.html

Por fin el Defensor del Pueblo Español se moja - AC Pasión | Portal Independiente Autocaravanista

Link Removed 53565946eee6a46f5dac9cc33c68

Link Removed

Santander: autocaravanas no; 4x4 de lujo y pesados, sí

Link Removed

Link Removed

Thanks for your great support.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

ton_pc2007

Deleted User
2008 August 14th, vehicles arrived on Plymouth Santander Ferry
2762884871_3eea7e11a7.jpg

2008 August 14th, welcome of Santander Municipality on free parking zone near Sardinero stadium
2763728810_0617f35c64.jpg

2008 August 14th, present... who is that?
2763728250_9248ce4fdc.jpg

2008 August 14th, its a fine of 90€, thanks to the carry difficult crane dont do to policeman deposit (90€+180€ 270€)

Link Removed

Link Removed

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
When I hear of this kind of thing I make a mental note never to go there again.
I was wild camping at Los Nietos near Cartegena with a friend and we were visited on the 3rd day by the local police and details of ourselves and our motor homes were taken. We were then told that if we were found parked off a recognised camp site in the area we would be in trouble.:Eeek:
I won't be going to the Cartegena area again, Spain is a big country.
Pete.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I take it RVs are exempt than not seen any of them towed away:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

T

ton_pc2007

Deleted User
I take it RVs are exempt than not seen any of them towed away:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello, I just want to advise that the towe service won´t take your RV but will clamp it.
Best regards.

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
I have read that MOJACAR (Ameria) police are also clamping (!) down on wild parking overnight ...Spain is becoming very MH unfriendly?? We have a small casa there and this does not make us happy!! Whilst over there for the winter, the MH is our only vehicle and we do like to take "trips" down the coast etc....:cry:

A

arsenio

Deleted User
Presentation

Presentation: I am a veteran user of MH.

I travel with my wife, Charo for seven years. We have visited the Circle Polar Arctic (I.Lofoten), Greece, Morocco and numerous times Central Europe. In Spain the MH users we are persecution objet.

The owners of camping press to so that the MH users we happen through its cash. Thanks for your aid and letters.

Excuse me for my English I am using a translator and correcting what I can.

Autocaravanismo

(Info about the spanish MH's law in spanish)

VIAJAR EN AUTOCARAVANA

(Infor about travels and MH miscelanius in spanish)

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
wild camping

On our first trip to Spain in 2005 we were fined Euro 60 by the Gardia for spending 2 nights wild camping by a beach near to a small village (can't recall the name) on Capo de Gato. apparenty one can only spend 1 night on a Parc Natural. Typically the Gardia drove round for the 2 days and we thought they were being very vigilant & keeping a watchful eye on us all and were quite impressed. Then we really learnt what the Gardia were like. They must have fined at least a dozen vans (mostly German) The problem was they sent the fine, by post to our UK address Luckily our neighbour who was checking the post, had her brothjer (home from Spain) and they forwarded the letter so we could pay the fine. I dread to think how much it would have been when we returned 3 months later. I believe they are cracking down on "Wild camping" all over Spain so beware! any other "horror stories" ??:cry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
2008 August 14th, vehicles arrived on Plymouth Santander Ferry
2762884871_3eea7e11a7.jpg

Is this the ferry you've booked for morocco Geo? no wonder it was cheap. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Olley
Booked!! booked!!! you mean bought!!!! dont you:Eeek::Eeek:No, no sails mine has oars out the side:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

In this post there is a sign that states 'superior 1.8t excepto turismos'.
In Google, the translation of excepto turismos comes up with "except cars", so I guess this excludes motorhomes. :Sad:

Anybody out there speak Spanish & could confirm this?

I have always assumed this was 'except tourists' but clearly I don't know enough Spanish. :Doh:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
translation as lifted from Out&AboutLive

My car is registered as a 'turismo', my motorhome is registered as an 'autocaravana'.

courtesy of Derek
Link Removed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Most definitely anti Motor Home
your parked much better than the silver car on the right of the pic ,or was that the Police car!!!!:Doh: 150 Euros just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaza

Free Member
May 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Dont own one
Exp
Getting started
This thread is a bit out of date but as I'll be in Santander for a few days later this year I wondered if the situation is still the same.

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
The Guardia Civil have never liked wild camping on beaches, mainly apparently due to drug and imigrant smuggling. You will prob find most of the fines go in their pocket, they are a law unto themselves.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back