Motorhome Parking Consultation (1 Viewer)

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
The post by Rapido925M does not say how much he would pay to park only the amount of money he would spend using facilities in the area if there was provision for him to stay.

I myself spend considerably more than £20 if i park in the town overnight and have done so in the past.The decision makers have already made their minds up with their reasons to enforce the temporary ban so i do not think anything will change their minds in making it permanent.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
legal challenge

In the face of a legal challenge against the CONSULTATION RE. MOTOR CARAVAN PROHIBITION - VARIOUS LOCATIONS by Andy Strangeways "Motorhome Organisation"

North Yorkshire County Council legal department stated on Friday that:
“I have spoken to officers at the Whitby Highways Office and have also discussed the case with one of my senior colleagues – in a nutshell, we are all going to meet to review the case and decide whether we feel it is appropriate to proceed given that we would face a certain legal challenge.”

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Are we on the same consultation here, I'm too busy to check but I've just received an email reply to a topic I assume I replied to concerning the Scarborough area as under:

13th July 2015

Dear Sir / Madam,

Proposed prohibition of parking of motor caravans, 10pm to 7am, various sea front streets within the Scarborough Borough area

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the consultation on the above proposed measures. All comments and objections received have been included in a report which is to be taken to the Yorkshire Coast and Moors Area Committee, to be held at 10.30am at Sneaton Castle, Whitby on the 23rd July 2015. The Area Committee’s role is as a consultee in the decision making process.

The comments of the Area Committee, together with all other comments received during the consultation, will be considered by the Corporate Director of Business and Environmental Services (BES) Directorate and the BES Executive Members at County Hall, Northallerton, at 2:00pm on 31st July 2015, who will decide whether or not to proceed with the proposals.

Members of the public may attend and speak at either meeting. If you would like to speak at the Area Committee on 23rd July 2015, please contact Josie O’Dowd via e-mail onjosie.o’dowd@northyorks.gov.uk or by telephone on 01609 532591by midday on Monday 20th July, three working days before the day of the meeting.

If you would like to speak at the BES and Executive Members meeting on 31st July 2015, please contact Jane Connolly via e-mail on jane.connolly@northyorks.gov.uk.or by telephone on 01609 532776 by midday on 28th July 2015, three days before the day of the meeting.

For either meeting, you will have three minutes to make your comments. If there are specific questions you wish to ask, it would be helpful to have a copy of those before the meeting so we can ensure we have the information with us to provide you with a full response. If you attend the 31st July meeting, you will be asked to leave the meeting before any decision is made.

Yours faithfully,

Helen Watson CEng., MICE

Improvement Manager

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Anyone noticed the deadline for comments in the OP's post?

The deadline for response is the 10th July 2014.

What's that all about? How much are these prats paid for heaven's sake?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Anyone noticed the deadline for comments in the OP's post?

The deadline for response is the 10th July 2014.

What's that all about? How much are these prats paid for heaven's sake?
Anyone noticed my post (#34) where I pointed to the thread where we discussed the extension of the consultation. So, not "prats" but people putting in the effort to ensure all sides have plenty of time to respond.

If they saw that sort of comment it would hardly encourage them to do so in future would it?

Reactions: CWH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back