Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion A class
Exp
Since 2008
Has anyone explored any of the channel islands?

If so is it worth the effort?

Frank

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Never been there in a motorhome but I remember reading some rules about moving a motorhome round the island. It seemed to read that you could only drive site to site. I know there are a lot of narrow lanes but buses and coaches get around.

Sure to be so done here with first hand knowledge but also worth a google search maybe ?

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Agree with previous post you must have a prebooked site go straight there and register you can take MH out I think but very good bus service I believe. Also think you need to apply well in advance to get a permit
Don't think it would be worth the hassle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Yes notorious for narrow lanes, last time I was there it was noticeable that that buses and refuse trucks had been built narrower than those on the mainland,there are restrictions on large vehicles

OP
OP
F

frankhanna

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion A class
Exp
Since 2008
Jersey...

Suddenly I have gone off the idea...

Thanks guys. Very helpful.

Frank

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
jersey

hi. we went to jersey last year in the mh, and yes it is well worth the trip. you are not allowed to travel around in your van, so we hired a car for a week .it was delivered to our site and collected ,no bother.as for the permit, one phone call to our site to book,and they did it all for you.posted out to me within a couple of days. most difficult part was putting it on the windscreen.:ROFLMAO: we were even met off the ferry by the site owner,all we had to do was follow her to the site (which was beautiful ) I would go back anytime .don't be put off,iv had more problems trying to book sites on the mainland....my advise would be go for it you wont be disappointed:thumb::thumb: oh yeh we took our bikes too..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Just goes to show what a diverse group we are. We flew there a couple of years ago and hired a car. Although the island is only about 7 miles by 12 we covered about 150 miles so I think you could say we did a thorough job. Despite our best efforts we still found it a pretty bland place to be and we are in no hurry to go back.

tinkering

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1972
Jersey

Back in 1978:Smile:,I was not allowed to take my camper over there:Angry:,even tho I was taking part in the Haynes Four Stroke Championships ,I had to hire a Tranny and borrow a tent :roflmto:

Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back