motorhome newbies (1 Viewer)

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
Hi All

part exchanged our Caravan and tow car for a motorhome last weekend, hopefully pick the MH up on the 16th, a 2007 Kon Tiki 645, have to wait for a transfer of registration number to go through. really looking forward to our first outing, a couple of days away over my birthday 30th Jan.

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Have a great time in the new m/h. We are new to this as well and reckon we're going to love it. By the way don't go abroad without a registration document, we've been told the m/h can be confiscated.
Violet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi ddavewoods :welcomefunster:

Another tugger sees the light, you wont regret it.

Don't forget what you learnt it will stand you in good stead

Hope all goes well

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi All

part exchanged our Caravan and tow car for a motorhome last weekend, hopefully pick the MH up on the 16th, a 2007 Kon Tiki 645, have to wait for a transfer of registration number to go through. really looking forward to our first outing, a couple of days away over my birthday 30th Jan.

Hello, welcome. This site is rather addictive::bigsmile:
We are new to Motor homing too. Dec 09.
We px'd the caravan but kept our NissanTerrano. Soooo glad we did , with this weather!! No problems whats so ever:thumb:
Ralph's a self employed builder. He hasn't been able to get his pick up off the street. Too front heavy, so hes been using the terrano.
Good job hes got a few weeks work inside , local , to do.
Its actually made us rethink the idea of getting another smaller car now we don't tow a caravan.
We'll see.
Bev

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Welcome to the friendliest Motorhome site on the web ::bigsmile:
Differences between caravanning and motorcaravanning:
Get your supermarket shop done BEFORE you get to your aimed-for site; now you are in a motorcaravan, you can't just jump into the car and pop along the road!

Enjoy yourselves :roflmto:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Get your supermarket shop done BEFORE you get to your aimed-for site; now you are in a motorcaravan, you can't just jump into the car and pop along the road!
Hi Allie
I must have heard this at least 20 times over the new year on a rally with our group , all caravaner's.
"what if you run out of bread or milk??"
I got fed up of replying.
The fridge and freezer are twice as big as was on our caravan , and we have more storage space for an esky in the garage.
Plus we've got fiamma racks on the back for the bikes, which we never had before .
But it is a downside , but a small one!::bigsmile:
Bev

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Hi Allie
I must have heard this at least 20 times over the new year on a rally with our group , all caravaner's.
"what if you run out of bread or milk??"
I got fed up of replying.
The fridge and freezer are twice as big as was on our caravan , and we have more storage space for an esky in the garage.
Plus we've got fiamma racks on the back for the bikes, which we never had before .
But it is a downside , but a small one!::bigsmile:
Bev

Quite right!
The advantages FAR outweigh the disadvantages don't they?
Just a bit of forward planning goes a long way ... :Smile:

OP
OP
ddavewoods

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
We px'd the caravan but kept our NissanTerrano. Soooo glad we did , with this weather!!

I know exactly what you mean Bev our tow car was a Jeep grand cherokee overland, would have been good in this snow, but ive had no problems in my wifes Punto or my Zafira, just a few little slides here and there:roflmto:

OP
OP
ddavewoods

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
now you are in a motorcaravan, you can't just jump into the car and pop along the road!/QUOTE]

was thinking about getting a trailer to tow our small punto, and then realised I was just going to be pulling the car with a caravan :roflmto:, so may be a moped or even push bikes with a shopping basket, but for our first trips the advice of forward planning will be taken on board, thanks.

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
now you are in a motorcaravan, you can't just jump into the car and pop along the road!/QUOTE]

was thinking about getting a trailer to tow our small punto, and then realised I was just going to be pulling the car with a caravan :roflmto:, so may be a moped or even push bikes with a shopping basket, but for our first trips the advice of forward planning will be taken on board, thanks.

Still, it's often rewarding to shop at the little local village or on-site if you're lucky.
One site-owner even raided her own larder when we ran out of tinned toms - embarrassing if you're in Italy! :Blush:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
welcome

hi and welcome we changed our motorhome in november and can t wait to go out in it:Smile:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
bikes and racks

We are new owners as you can see and yes we realise when parked up what are going to do about those much needed little items.
So we had a motor bike rack fitted and bought a classic 1982 Honda cg 125, cost more for two new Arai helmets than it did for the bike, :Eeek: .
Will be invaluable when touring France for 5 weeks later this year.

Just need to check out the laws in France for motor bikes and motorhomes, plus the cheapest ferry crossing, any suggestions?

regards Rob & Chris.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back