Motorhome Newbie... (1 Viewer)

M

matchstickman

Deleted User
Hi everybody

I've just sold my fish and chip shop which I ran in Leeds for 20 years and with the money I have purchased a motor-home and I now plan to become a man of leisure...

Hopefully I can meet some knowledgeable people who share my passion to lead a good, free life!!

:thumb: Europe, here I come

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Doahhhh
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hiya and a Great Big Welcome from me....

Yummy .....I can smell the Fish and Chips....::bigsmile:

I guess you're all set up for Bio Fuel then....:thumb:

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
West Scotland-Loch Lomond
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006... but caravans and tents before that
Hi and welcome:Smile:

I'm a relative newbie too.......have been lurking for a while, and this is my first post::bigsmile:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Nice to come across another Vision owner, Kooky - please share experiences with your van and its foibles - we have had ours for almost 2 years now, new in March 2007. Love its layout and everything about it except the dealer, but that's another story!! :ROFLMAO:

Laurie

PS Welcome Matchstickman!!:thumb:

K

Katerina

Deleted User
Hello, my hubby and I are newbies too, we haven't even collected our van yet, but we're looking forward to taking off wherever.

Ooh I LOVE fish and chips - you can't beat chip shop chips yummy!

Have fun!

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I've just sold my fish and chip shop which I ran in Leeds for 20 years and with the money I have purchased a motor-home and I now plan to become a man of leisure...

Hopefully I can meet some knowledgeable people who share my passion to lead a good, free life!!

:thumb: Europe, here I come
Blimey........a property sale?????:whatthe:

Good for you!

Like your final (de)parting shot too.....off you go matey! :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
that's just what i did ! sold the lot and bought an auto trail scout that i now live in ! best thing i ever did. by the way (kookie) there is a great place to stop by loch lomond, a car park by a hotel where you turn right for glen coe ! used it many times. :thumb:

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Camcondor,
I'm cheating a little bit here......we don't actually collect our Adria until the 28th of this month.
We're having a couple of bits and pieces fitted to it. We have a Bessacarr at the moment, we will be sorry to see her go but I am soooooo excited about the Adria.
Any tips, please let me know! At least now I know who to call on if I have any questions:Smile:

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hiya to you too American Dream:Smile:
Thanks for the welcome:thumb:

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi to steve4kay:Smile:
We live at the south end of the loch, in fact the pic in my avatar was taken in a great lay-by at Duck Bay. It's well off the main road and would make a great overnight stop.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hello, my hubby and I are newbies too, we haven't even collected our van yet, but we're looking forward to taking off wherever.

Ooh I LOVE fish and chips - you can't beat chip shop chips yummy!

Have fun!

Oh yes you can!.........chinese chips. lovely!!!!:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW welcome to the fun matchstickman and kooky.

Last edited:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Camcondor,
I'm cheating a little bit here......we don't actually collect our Adria until the 28th of this month.
We're having a couple of bits and pieces fitted to it. We have a Bessacarr at the moment, we will be sorry to see her go but I am soooooo excited about the Adria.
Any tips, please let me know! At least now I know who to call on if I have any questions:Smile:

You'll love the Adria :roflmto: we also had some extras fitted like sat tv, tow bar etc. although she really doesn't need a great deal more than that. The stereo we found a bit disappointing as there are no rear speakers, and there are only 2 electric points, but these are easily overcome. We use our Tomtom instead of the fancy VDO Dayton fitted satnav as the "upgrade maps" needed after a yearof use costs around £200!! You can buy two Tomtoms for that!!! Build quality generally excellent. Are you getting the 707si or the 697? Auto Renault Master or manual?

We can move off to the Adria section if you have any questions - having had ours since 2007 we have got to know her quite well now.

Have a great time in her - hope to meet sometime so we can take photos of two Visions together - quite a rare sight!!!

Laurie:thumb:

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi camcondor,
Have moved to the Adria section.