Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I will be a newbie
Hi, we are thinking of changing from a caravan to motorhome and are looking at a Pilote 720 and Elddis Majestic at the moment. Does anyone have any advice or can give us some feedback on these vans?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Judy, you can't really decide by makers name alone. Rather you should choose the best internal layout for you. Motorhomes are expensive and you should never rush into a sale. A good idea would be to Broken Link Removed and look inside as many as you can. Once you decide on a layout that will suit you, it's easy to get suggestions of models in your budget range just by asking here. Exciting times, but don't get carried away. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun. :thumb:

You might save yourself a LOT of money by investing £6.99 in the Motorhome Buyers Guide. ::bigsmile:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
:welcomefunster: just search through some of the old posts on here and you will find a lot of useful advice on makes/models etc. Enjoy the journey. ::bigsmile:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Hi and welcome.:welcomefunster: wise words from jim. Enjoy the fun of looking but dont rush. You have already spent the best £10 !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
:wub:missed that. Should have gone to specsavers!

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Judy , welcome to the Fun.:welcomefunster:
Very wise advice from Jim.
You are going to be spending a lot of money so research as much as you can.
So often we hear tales of people who buy one of the first vans they see and then find there are vans that would have suited them much better.
Good luck with your search.:thumb:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Hi Judy!

As a newbie myself, I completely agree with the above advice. I've been through the endless (and massively enjoyable) searching for the 'right' layout.

May I suggest you try renting a motorhome first? Both for a few layout consdierations, but also for quality and useability. Even a long weekend would do.

Again, I've done that (twice) and it really helped shape what I eventually bought. What I ended up with was a world away from what I initially had in mind and it saved me an awful lot of money.

Couldn't have done it without the help and great advice from those on here, though. Dig in and read and ask.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back