Motorhome Milly Molly Meander... (1 Viewer)

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Hey, just bought a motorhome this (last) year and plan on heading into europe with my dog and cat real soon. Anyone know of a good cheap breakdown cover? Any other tips and advice would be gratefully recieved! HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS! :RollEyes:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A Big :welcomefunster:... hope you enjoy your travels.. :thumb:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Welcome to the fun house.:thumb: Dont do what i did when i got my first motorhome came down to Spain in it and not yet returned to the U.K 11 years ago:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi OKKIMMY

WELCOME to MH Funflyingwelcome

Dave :thumb::thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome aboard :Smile:
The size of your motorhome could be a factor in your choice of breakdown cover. My current van is covered under the terms of my AA breakdown, but my new van isn't because of it's length.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
breakdown cover

well hi and welcome, from froghopper, you have posted, you have heard back,, you are now officialy MAD, and sorry but it will only get worser reeeeer, to late now, so just enjoy, ooooops for got,, try www.campton.co.uk
01883 742460
i have multitrip, uk and cont, 30 day max full cover, 61 pounds, for a full year,
van ins with them 16000 cover, ful/comp/ awning t v you name it, 164 pounds, they are long established, at most shows, very helpful,, i have no connextion , other than a happy customer, good luck, travel well, :roflmto::Smile::thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi OKKimmy..

.... and welcome to the asylum.

I see there have been a couple of suggestions for insurance / breakdown cover.

A couple more to consider:

Safeguard (incorporate AA Fleet breakdown - or did when we used them). They did us well.
Comfort (incorporate RAC breakdown cover) and they were great when we had a bust windscreen (A-Class - arm and a leg new) in Germany a couple or three years ago.

There are others and it depends upon what you're looking for.

Need to make sure that you are covered for what you think you are covered for, though. Not a lot of good being stranded miles from anywhere only to be told by the cute voice on the end of the phone 'I'm sorry sir/madam, but it seems you are not covered for that particular eventuality. Have an absolutely wonderful day.':Angry::Doh:

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back