Motorhome Mattress Replacement (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are thinking of changing our kingsized mattress for two singles, to make it easier to change the sheets etc. As we have a transverse bed I lose skin off my nuckles nearly everytime I change the bedding.

Can anyone reccomend a company that does custom made matresses for motorhomes please?

Last edited:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I found dedicated motorhome mattresses v expensive so trotted off to Ikea with measurements and tested the ones which wee as near as damn it . Correct width but length not quite . Found a memory foam one tres confortable ! Took it home opened the covering up marked the size with felt pen and cut with electric knife et voila a new one at a fraction of the price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Unless you want something special why not do what most people appear to do, including us, and buy memory foam or similar from eBay. You can order the size you need or buy the nearest one and cut it to size with a saw or bread knife.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
How about Ikea? They do mattresses

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we gave up with fitted sheets, we sleep on a very thin king size duvet in a cover, with another thicker one over us, bottom one doesn't seem to move around too much, just smooth it out in morning (y)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi Sandra,

We used Raskelf to supply two single memory foam mattresses for the previous van (Portable 2 inch Topper Gold with cover), supplying own own drawings. They came in their own polycotton covers. I found mine a bit clammy and don't use it any more but Ros swears (!) by hers and says its the most comfortable mattress she's had. They were* £165 each if tailored to the drawings or £109 each if standard production size.

Best wishes to you and Colin,

Norman
* 10 years ago. Doesn't time fly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I was going to suggest a Raskelf mattress topper but I see @Hagstrom has beaten me to it, we also used 2 singles in our last van with the zip on sheets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back