Motorhome make in personal details (1 Viewer)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just returned from over two weeks away and have got to grips with the basics of the new forum format. I think it is a real improvement.
One thing I have noticed is that the personal details panel next to a poster does not give as much information as before. I understand that clicking on the avatar loads a pop-up panel, but this now has only 'motorhome type', where before there was a make/model option. One advantage of this was that it helped to focus any advice given in response to a technical question and make the answer relevant. For example, if someone asked about a water pump problem and you could see that they had a Hymer, you would know to give an answer that was relevant to a submerged Reich pump.

I realise that more detail (make and model) can be entered into the 'Motorhome Type' field in personal information, but this has not been picked up by default in the migration from old to new forum software. It might be worth amending the title of the field accordingly to prompt new Funsters - and warning existing Funsters to amend the 'motorhome type' field if they wish to add the detail.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Will have a look at my details not thought of that :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun