Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Hi All

What do you rate as the best motorhome magazine, and the most useful book to a newbie I have purchased the Motorhome Journal and the motorhome checklist which i think are both fantastic idea, but now im looking for somthing which tells me the ins and outs the do's and dont,s the idiot guide to motorhoming so when i go away and havnt got internet access to gain the info from here i have got a reference point in the book.

look forward to your replies

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Whiskers I buy MMM monthly and also receive American RV Magazine. They are both a useful source of info in addition to MHF.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i believe the Haynes motorhome manual is full of useful stuff, at a price, but is very generalized.
a new edition is now out with aditional info.

you could request it at your local library if its not in stock and have a free look thought it before buying.:thumb:

never seen one so i dont know the content and it could be on a par with the modern Haynes workshop manuals......absolute rubbish :Doh:

ps....MMM on subscription for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I used to but MMM, Motor Caravan and Practical Motorhome but found there was too much in them that wasn't of interest (foreign travel especially) so stopped buying.

Used to pick up Motorhome Monthly at the local Morrisons but then they revamped the store and stopped all the free magazines. We get the CC magazine as part of our subscription.

Much more focussed information is available here :Smile:

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If I'm passing a local market I look for out of date motorhome mags.. otherwise I wouldn't buy.. full of adverts, travel articles and not a lot more..

Forums are the very best places to get info .. and a good argument :roflmto:

you can learn about al sorts on here, from anal glands to hypertension ... :ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I used to but MMM, Motor Caravan and Practical Motorhome but found there was too much in them that wasn't of interest (foreign travel especially) so stopped buying.

Much more focussed information is available here :Smile:

Graham

Must agree have stopped MMM this month, Money not well spent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
I was looking for a MH for about 18 months and get MMM, find it interesting, possibly because we are still new but what the hey, I look forward to it coming through my door, I do believe there is s new mag out this month, I think it is called Go motorhome but have not seen it yet

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I used to read the MMM mag from cover to cover, but after a few years it just got a bit "same old" and carried more and more adds. I tend to only pick a copy up at shows these days. That mag alone must have destroyed miles of rain forest and if you have more than two in the van, then you are probably overweight:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back