Motorhome load capacities need to improve (1 Viewer)

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I just wish VOSA and the police would get their acts together and start pulling some of the grossly overloaded 'holiday' cars I see daily travelling down the A1...

Some are so overloaded that they must have minimal steering control...

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Anyone here ever been stopped and weighed in the UK??

Just interest, not being contentious.....(for once.....:whistle:)

In this mornings paper is the news that Calmac, the Scottish island ferry operator, has started checking the weights of light goods vehicles that are supposed to be less than 3.5 tons. If you're off to the islands, you have been warned!

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I just wish VOSA and the police would get their acts together and start pulling some of the grossly overloaded 'holiday' cars I see daily travelling down the A1...

Some are so overloaded that they must have minimal steering control...

the last time i was at Dover and saw many cars and vans on the bump stops at the back clearly over loaded but they were just waved on.

OP
OP
philk

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Im glad i got you going a little bit. I tow a side load Armstrong trailer but would like to have a small scooter as a choice for some shorter breaks. That means that a payload of 650-700 kg would be nice. So far, at my 3500 kg limit, i have found two Hobby, a Hymer (but dont have a dealer i trust) and a couple of Carthago. Any other ideas would be really welcome, i am looking at small A class, low profile and quite short if possible. The above three fit that.
I would like to deal with my existing dealer but they have nothing that falls in the criteria.
Phil

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
looking at getting in touch with SVTech to up rate our autotrail,,who is best to talk to there ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We chose our MH with a clear "must have" minimum payload. It was an eyeopener as to how many dealers had no idea of payloads on their stock. One even told me that the 3.5 tonne was "just an indication" and not to worry about it. I walked away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back