Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

I made a few phone calls yesterday to get quotes for my motorhome insurance. One of the companies I tried initially quoted £435. This is not too bad but I thought I could get a better deal and told the lady I was speaking to. She went away to see if there were any discounts and came back with......£280 for exactly the same p0licy!

I asked her why they started with the higher figure and she told me that a customer may have been quoted more elsewhere and so £435 might have seemed a bargain to some people.

Just goes to show it pays to shop around to get the best deal.

Paul

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hi Easyliving. I too am looking for said insurance. Looking at the forum, I initially broached Safeguard. They started at £700 something, but have since re-thought and have quoted less than half that price, taking into account if we were members of t C.C./had alarms, etc and also incurred the usual excesses. Good thing, it included breakdown for UK and EU but not knowing, I didn't ask if this was 'time related' 'cause it seems this usually covers 90 days, which, would be ok for us at the moment.
Still waiting for AIB. They couldn't find my paperwork so had to start from scratch. Looking forward to their promised contact tomorrow morning ?
Good luck, let us know how you get on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back