Motorhome Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by MHVirgins, Dec 5, 2013.

1. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Ratings:
    +3,170
    We've been with Safeguard for 3 years now, but have just been quoted £366 per year if I pay by direct debit, or £316 if I don't go by direct debit.
    Have been with them for 3 years now, but does anyone else have any recommendations on a better deal?

Thanks in advance, Bill:Smile:

2. camcondor

camcondor

Ratings:
    +478
    Have you tried Caravan Club for a quote? Ours came out much cheaper with them, even taking Safeguards AA cover into account.........

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T

Ratings:
    +8,927
    I'm not sure how they work their premiums out but I've been with comfort for years but this year I got the exact same policy through scenic for £44 less, both policies were "aviva plus" and i checked carefully that they were the same, when i rang comfort and told them they dropped their price by £30 (still £14 more) why didn't they quote me this price in the first place ?.... now I'm with scenic but I'm sure I'll have the same carry on next year !!!!

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. busby

busby Funster

Ratings:
    +4,488
    you cannot suss this insurance business out. Renewal for my car with Swinton local office £198. Renewal with Swinton on line £96. Which one did i take? BUSBY:roflmto:

• Like it Like it x 2
  5. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Ratings:
    +7,387
    I'm with Safeguard and mine was £295 albeit a smaller van than yours. It does include UK & European breakdown and insurance cover. I though it was reasonable. I've been with them 4 years now.

• Like it Like it x 2
  6. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Ratings:
    +7,258
    Hi Margaret & Bill,
    I use Saga, just waiting for my renewal due 31 /12, but last year mine cost £ 233.77 . I have used them for the last 3 or 4 years , I always check with comparison websites then go back to Saga and give them the chance to match or better , so far they have every time come up with enough of a compromise on the price so that there virtually no difference.
    Give them a try ,no harm in trying.
    :sin: Terry :sin:

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Ratings:
    +3,170
    Many thanks to everyone for their advice.......Margaret has just suggested I try Aleksandr and the loveable meerkats to see if they can help:ROFLMAO:

Many thanks again, Bill:Smile:

8. damar

damar

Ratings:
    +32
    We have been with safeguard for the last 3 years, and will probably be back with them next year, but this year we have gone with saga as they had a special offer on. We use saga or safeguard because they both use AA recovery in Europe, and as we have unfortunately had to use them on 2 occasions and found the service just fantastic. :thumb:

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Ratings:
    +3,170
    I've just phoned Saga and they came in with a price of £372 and Safeguard £316, so at the moment I'll probably stay with Safeguard.
    Also phoned the Caravan Club and the way they dealt with my request for a quote didn't fill me full of confidence......plus, they said that breakdown cover for the UK and the Continent would be extra.
    Thanks again to you all for your advice:thumb:

Bill:Smile:

10. B-well

B-well Funster

Ratings:
    +1,159
    try Saga again as insurances change regularly, my saga qoute changed from Mon to Friday got cheaper rate with them following week.:thumb:

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Ratings:
    +7,387
    Would you mind me asking what the failures you experienced were please? (I drive the same van as yourselves).

Thanks.

12. damar

damar

Ratings:
    +32
    this is why we have the star spirit as our other van was getting a bit long in the tooth, it was a Renault , gave us great service for 5 years. Glade to say we have not had a problem with this van and have had it for 3 years. ( well apart from being robbed in France but that's not the vans fault lol ).

The only thing I would say is don't trust the step to come up when you turn on the ignition, ours has failed to lift on 3 occasions.

• Like it Like it x 1