Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi

Having been with Camping and Caravanning insurers for 5+ claim less years, I was really disappointed this morning when they declined to insure my new Motorhome. They have said that they will not insure motorhomes valued over £50,000 even with Tracker, Claw Thatcham Immobiliser and Thatcham alarm And storage in a CaSSOA Gold rated site.

Does anyone have recommendations for good motor home insurers who will insure a £75K Motorhome. Thanks in advance

Jon

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Comfort, over 50k up to 75k require an alarm or tracker, over 75k a tracker. It's a net policy so no claims irelavent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks to all. A bit of an update I phoned C&C back as I realised that this could mean that I would have to declare I had been declined insurance, which may affect me going forwards. They are having another look!

The strangest thing I have now noticed is that on line they state they cover Motorhomes to the value of £250,000 On their own web site.

Thanks to those who have provided insurance company suggestions

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks to all. A bit of an update I phoned C&C back as I realised that this could mean that I would have to declare I had been declined insurance, which may affect me going forwards. They are having another look!
The fact that you don't fit their criteria means they can't take your business different to being declined.

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.

The strangest thing I have now noticed is that on line they state they cover Motorhomes to the value of £250,000 On their own web site.
Have you moved house or to a different CaSSOA storage facility?

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi

Having been with Camping and Caravanning insurers for 5+ claim less years, I was really disappointed this morning when they declined to insure my new Motorhome. They have said that they will not insure motorhomes valued over £50,000 even with Tracker, Claw Thatcham Immobiliser and Thatcham alarm And storage in a CaSSOA Gold rated site.

Does anyone have recommendations for good motor home insurers who will insure a £75K Motorhome. Thanks in advance

Jon
I must say, it sounds very unsatisfactory that the Club won't provide cover for a van valued over £50k, unless there is some other significant reason?

A high proportion of brand new motorhomes cost more than that threshold these days. :unsure:

Hope you get sorted. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Thanks again for feedback.

This is a quote for a new van, which we are due to collect at the end of the month. So everything is new including storage at the CaSSOA gold rated site. Same house for 15 years

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I must say, it sounds very unsatisfactory that the Club won't provide cover for a van valued over £50k, unless there is some other significant reason?

A high proportion of brand new motorhomes cost more than that threshold these days. :unsure:

Hope you get sorted. (y)
Just figured out how to respond on the forums. Exactly what we were thinking about with the price of motorhomes. As noted they say will insure motorhomes up to £250K on their website, so I am now even more confused.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just been on the Camping and Caravanning site for an “Online Quote”.

Does £3,858.94 p/a sound reasonable for a 2021 Burstner Lyseo TD Harmony Line valued at circa £75,000? This sounds incredibly expensive to me as it is around 12 times more expensive than our last Burstner Aviano, that we insured with them for years Without any sort of claim.

This includes Thatcham Alarm, Thatcham Immobiliser, Thatcham Tracker and Storage in a CaSSOA Gold site. No claims of any sort on the Motorhome policy since we took it out in 2006

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

Does £3,858.94 p/a sound reasonable for a 2021 Burstner Lyseo TD Harmony Line valued at circa £75,000? This sounds incredibly expensive to me as it is around 12 times more expensive than our last Burstner Aviano, that we insured with them for years Without any sort of claim.

This includes Thatcham Alarm, Thatcham Immobiliser, Thatcham Tracker and Storage in a CaSSOA Gold site. No claims of any sort on the Motorhome policy since we took it out in 2006
Try LV= ours is £80k + and they don’t ask for trackers or alarms ours came in this year at around £400 inc uk and EU breakdown cover also unlimited windscreen cover😊👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Try LV= ours is £80k + and they don’t ask for trackers or alarms ours came in this year at around £400 inc uk and EU breakdown cover also unlimited windscreen cover😊👍
Many thanks for that, I will try them tomorrow

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
N f u cover 75.000, they are a bit pricey but good service
We've just changed from Comfort to NFU Mutual for our £75K Adria because they do NOT require an alarm or a tracker just confirmation of the Fiat Ducato immobiliser. We changed after having a Van Bitz Growler and Metatrak immobiliser fitted. Comfort did not accept the Metatrak even though it is far superior technically to the Phantom system previously fitted. More information from Eddie Jones at Van Bitz if you want the details. Paid just over £400 - dearer than Comfort but so much better with local office and real people to talk to over the counter.

Upvote 0

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
We've just changed from Comfort to NFU Mutual for our £75K Adria because they do NOT require an alarm or a tracker just confirmation of the Fiat Ducato immobiliser. We changed after having a Van Bitz Growler and Metatrak immobiliser fitted. Comfort did not accept the Metatrak even though it is far superior technically to the Phantom system previously fitted. More information from Eddie Jones at Van Bitz if you want the details. Paid just over £400 - dearer than Comfort but so much better with local office and real people to talk to over the counter.
I had to claim on my house insurance, nfu paid me in 3 days {3.200} no quibbling i was well impressed.
And im off to vanbiz tomorrow for the strikeback it knocked 100 pounds off my insurance (y) (y) (y)

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I had to claim on my house insurance, nfu paid me in 3 days {3.200} no quibbling i was well impressed.
And im off to vanbiz tomorrow for the strikeback it knocked 100 pounds off my insurance (y) (y) (y)
Great system, excellent staff. Take your earplugs for the demonstration 😁

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002

Complete nonsense! They clearly don't want the business. As a CCC member I got a similar outrageous quote from them last year, enquired if it was a mistake, got a straightfaced "no sir". Go to NFU Mutual for a sensible quote.

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
CAMC declined to quote on mine.
Been a member for about 18 years I think.
They wouldn’t give me a reason at the time but the annoying thing was that at the time I was looking, they were advertising that they would beat any quote or give you £25.
Needless to say, I never got the £25.
Comfort has always taken some beating on policy and price for us but as others have said, security has to be fitted.
Plus, they’re happy with Vanbitz Growler alarm system where as some of the others want Thatcham confirmations.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
To all - A happy ending. Following the £3,850 quote for insurance on my soon to be Burstner Motorhome from the Camping and Caravanning Club, I have my new insurance policy with the NFU for £352 per year 😁

it certainly looks like the CCC do not respect loyalty as much as their customers do. I changed my insurance to CCC after I joined the club 12 years ago. Whilst they definitely were not the cheapest, their policy was good and it included recovery in Europe as well. Their response was to provide a quote for my new Motorhome for £3,850. Having received no benefit for being a member in the last 2 years, but still paying my membership, I think it very unlikely that I will be a CCC member next year.

Thanks to all for their responses - Jon

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back