Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
I’ve just got a multi-vehicle quote from LV for our 18 reg motorhome and our car (2016 VW golf). Comprehensive quote for the year for both vehicles is less than £600 - which included European breakdown & recovery insurance for the motorhome. Green cards supplied at no extra cost. This sounds pretty good to me.
Car is currently with LV, and we’ve had LV insurances on & off for many years and always found them to be pretty good and responsive. They did resolve an issue ok a couple of years ago when a HGV low-loader drove up the side of our 3week old Golf.

Daveyboy6666

Free Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hastings
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I’m a newbie
I’ve just got a multi-vehicle quote from LV for our 18 reg motorhome and our car (2016 VW golf). Comprehensive quote for the year for both vehicles is less than £600 - which included European breakdown & recovery insurance for the motorhome. Green cards supplied at no extra cost. This sounds pretty good to me.
Car is currently with LV, and we’ve had LV insurances on & off for many years and always found them to be pretty good and responsive. They did resolve an issue ok a couple of years ago when a HGV low-loader drove up the side of our 3week old Golf.
Hi thidwick, if u insure your car as well as your campervan / motorhome do the insurance companies quote you cheaper? Tia ??

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
Hi thidwick, if u insure your car as well as your campervan / motorhome do the insurance companies quote you cheaper? Tia ??
Yes. A discount is applied for multiple vehicles on the same policy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Has LV changed their policy to cover any items in the motorhome yet? They covered £500 for the radio but nothing else the last time I enquired. The cost of clothes, chairs, tables etc soon mount up.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Christian,

I have the View attachment 210591 tracker (LOL)

See the Hiscox discount doc attached too.

Hope this helps?

See it here
www.tracker.co.uk
View attachment 210591
We have this. We re also in a low risk area so wasnt that keen, but I was impressed when I got onto the Morocco ferry and walking up the stairs from the deck the phone rang with them asking me If I knew it had just been loaded onto a ferry?

I try and remember to tell them these days.

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
Has LV changed their policy to cover any items in the motorhome yet? They covered £500 for the radio but nothing else the last time I enquired. The cost of clothes, chairs, tables etc soon mount up.
They do cover items in the Motorhome, up to £1000. (Twice as much as the car policy). We also have home insurance which covers personal items away from the home.

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
Do they give you separate NCD's when you leave or do you just get the one?
Without reading the small print, I’m not sure. I don’t see why they wouldn’t give separate NCD if required. Any new insurance will ask about any previous accidents or claims anyway.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
They do cover items in the Motorhome, up to £1000. (Twice as much as the car policy). We also have home insurance which covers personal items away from the home.
I find their attitude strange compared to the cover they offer for caravans which appears tailored to that market while having to go through their car insurance gateway to get a motorhome quote.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
LV/Highways would be the last company I would insure with. They are great for a price but horrendous if you have to make a claim.

Try Lifesure they use an excellent claim handling company called Gallagher Bassett

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Without reading the small print, I’m not sure. I don’t see why they wouldn’t give separate NCD if required. Any new insurance will ask about any previous accidents or claims anyway.
The reason I ask is that we ve just suffered having to do an additional car at no NCD albeit a bit of introductory because one of ours had lapsed after only 2 years

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
I find their attitude strange compared to the cover they offer for caravans which appears tailored to that market while having to go through their car insurance gateway to get a motorhome quote.
I found LV very helpful in setting up Motorhome policy when I rang them.

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
LV/Highways would be the last company I would insure with. They are great for a price but horrendous if you have to make a claim.
We’ve had car insurance with LV for a few years. We had to claim in 2016 (after a low loader scraped up the side of our 3 week old car), and I found them responsive and helpful. The business was settled quickly and without fuss.

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
With LV( highway ) check the windscreen replacement cover. I believe its only £600.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I found LV very helpful in setting up Motorhome policy when I rang them.
It was a couple of years ago I approached them having 2 cars and my house and contents insured through them. First of all it is unclear online that they cover motorhomes (it was someone on here). Compare this to the information they have about caravans and the cover they offer for them which reflect the needs of caravan owners.
They restrict the limit of anything attached to the van post production to £1k so my Satellite dome was not covered or any other stuff. This was not a variable. They limited the cover for anything in the van (it"s now £1k) which would not cover the price of an Apple Mac and 4 chairs. Again that was not variable. When I asked if any of this was covered or could be covered by my household policy they said no. Their price was very competitive just the policy was very restrictive, more suited to a van and in contrast to their caravan policies.

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I’m insured with LV, very competitive, I’ve got my Landrover Defender with them as well. They gave me the same ncb, 9 years, that I had accrued on the Defender. I also use them for recovery/break down in U.K. and Europe. Had an issue with a bike carrier on the Defender whilst in Spain, they had a mechanic out within an hour so very impressed. Had a break in to a hire car in Spain a couple of years ago, and whilst the travel insurance wouldn’t pay out my LV house contents insurance did.

May 19, 2018
Funster No
We're with LV and we had to claim due to a blowout destroying the o/s rear quarter of the van in Ireland. They were very helpful to begin with but seemed blissfully unaware that it was a motor home. Once that was sorted out everything went reasonably smoothly. They do expect you to use their choice of repairer though, which may or may not be a problem.
As our gas feed to the water heater was crushed we expected a gas safety test to be done after the repair. Nothing was forthcoming so we requested one specifically. We got a hastily scribbled note saying "Gas test conducted - passed".

At that point we gave up asking.
That's not LVs fault though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back