Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
OK Funsters - here is your starter for 10 :thumb:

I have been asked to find a motorhome for hire or rent during a two week period in August for an Australian couple (full-timers living in a 30ft Winnie type Explorer).

I have visited most of the hire firms and been quoted some toe-curling rates - problems being - August - and Australian licence (wife is English-born).

Anybody got any ideas, please

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Sorry I cant help, when we were looking for one for a week in May the cheapest quoted for a small one like ours was £850.

I wish you all best in find one xxxx

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Our company are buying a new Swift to hire out but going rate is £750 a week. Mind you it will be very latest with all the toys on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moandick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi guys
I have been trying to say thankyou to the pair of you but I think I've been discommunicated or something because the site keeps telling me I'm not allowed to access that page. I assume it's a hang-over from the database problems this last week (Bryan?). :Sad:

Anyway - public thanks to you both :thumb:

I have spoken to several of the hire companies and was quoted in the region of £850 to £1000 per week which is marginally better than £300 per day for an RV :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

I will continue to search but I don't hold out too much hope for them. :whatthe:

BornToSki

Free Member
May 12, 2008
Westhoughton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newby
Hire vehicles

We have just hired a Firebrand 600 from Link Removed the couple who run it are very relaxed and laid back and they have three vehicles from 4 -6 berth I think.
Slightly more expensive than some and based in Penrith but excellent service and friendly and good to deal with. Hope your friends get fixed up!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
You could always take a holiday Dick and hire them yours leaving you to holiday in a B & B somewhere putting your feet up:winky::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moandick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Yuupppp! Thought of that, too but the cats didn't approve :thumb: I mean, can you take your dogs somewhere they don't want to go? :ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Biggest problem you will have is the Australian Driving license, insurance companies dont like them unfortunately.

Our rates:

2008 Hire Tariff

Sundance 530LP Sundance 590RS Sundance 630L
Low Season £595 .£695 . £795
Peak Season £695 .£845 . £945

Low Season Oct-April Peak Season May-Sept

Above rates include:

Full inventory, V.A.T, unlimited mileage, AA cover and comprehensive insurance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back