LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Our God son is looking to hire a Motorhome for a month to tour France in June, he has asked if we have any information that will help.
I have already explained about Covid Brexit and it's not the best time to go if at all.
But the question is could any one give me a idea of costs, surcharges etc they have come across and reliable company's to hire from.
Any companies in the Shewsbury areas would be extra helpful.
Thank you

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Can't help with Shrewsbury but near us here in Cannock and Stafford there is "rising brook" but they do state no foreign rental during covid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Swift go in Stockport got loads of motorhomes not too far from you an hour and twenty i would think. Not cheap my mate got quote then found a local guy who just hired his own out i can find the no if you want if ?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
From what I have seen when we have been over the water, motorhome hire is much more popular over there and I think it is a lot cheaper than the UK, especially if you want to take a UK hired motorhome to the continent. I guess it would probably best to hire in France or some other EU country So drive over there in the car and leave it with the hirers maybe Carol?

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
From what I have seen when we have been over the water, motorhome hire is much more popular over there and I think it is a lot cheaper than the UK, especially if you want to take a UK hired motorhome to the continent. I guess it would probably best to hire in France or some other EU country So drive over there in the car and leave it with the hirers maybe Carol?
Makes more sense hiring over there if only to be driving a left hand drive vehicle.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not local to Shrewsbury, and not sure about prices or foreign travel, but The Motorhome Holiday Company, just off the M5, near Weston-super-Mare, has a reputation for good customer service. And they usually have a good choice of vans.

Matt, the boss, is switched on. I am currently using his storage compound. :giggle: (y)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
If we needed to hire again for Europe we would deffo hire in France or Germany, makes so much sense.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Carol, hire him yours at "family rates" :rofl:
Is it just me that thinks it's a ploy for the lad to be able to 'borrow' theirs FOC? 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back