M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
What’s next, the makers of a home made low budget horror movie being accused of murder?

Yes it was a stupid thing to do for publicity and gives motorhomers a bad image but apart from that how can you actually say they have broken any laws? The only possibility would be if the cassette wasn’t fully clean before they put the fake stuff in and that’s about it.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Seems their social media accounts have been going down faster than a cheap hooker.
Except Mr Ryan Eaglen, who forgot all about his Linkedin account ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:
his twitter account is still up, there is a photo of him and his motes with the motorhome

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
his twitter account is still up, there is a photo of him and his motes with the motorhome
His instagram account is still up as well.
He obviously didn't get the email to take everything down, and hit the bunkers ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
i cant seem to iD the logo on the van and its not clear that it is the Bunk Campers logo on the back of the van..
Please read my post in SWHBB and watch the podcast of the 3guys and listen carefully. It is mentioned twice by the guy who was the main driver.
Also, all 4 of them are identified by name or nickname but a bit of digging soon provides their full identities.
I do not believe there is any ident on the van, probably deliberately.
You really do have to watch the podcast as posted on the SWHBB thread.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Please read my post in SWHBB and watch the podcast of the 3guys and listen carefully. It is mentioned twice by the guy who was the main driver.
Also, all 4 of them are identified by name or nickname but a bit of digging soon provides their full identities.
I do not believe there is any ident on the van, probably deliberately.
You really do have to watch the podcast as posted on the SWHBB thread.
Which post? Any link

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
It would be up them to prove it was fake I'd guess.

Why?, we are innocent until proven guilty. If they all said it was a prank I don't see how the police/courts could prove any different.

Reactions: M-J
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Which post? Any link
Go to the SWHBB thread posted in motorhome chat yesterday by OP billM at 3.23pm yesterday.
That is the podcast channel release for this event from TPD TV.
Just press play on the big circle in the middle and watch. 😊

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
perhaps we can just agree they are just a bunch of "K**bs"! who have publicly handed ammunition to those that want to discredit motorhomers on the N500

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Go to the SWHBB thread posted in motorhome chat yesterday by OP billM at 3.23pm yesterday.
That is the podcast channel release for this event from TPD TV.
Just press play on the big circle in the middle and watch. 😊
All the MHF posts are linkable. I just hoped for a bit of help. ;)
I think I've seen the post at the time it was posted so nvm

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
For making ill-judged social media content?
No....for dumping waste where they should not, unless they can prove that it did not harm the environment.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
No....for dumping waste where they should not, unless they can prove that it did not harm the environment.

Unless the law can prove they did more likely, it’s clearly staged and the colour of the liquid doesn’t even look right, I would assume a mixture of various squash drinks mixed together to look as disgusting as possible on camera. Stunts like this are recorded all the time and this is why... to create a reaction/buzz and generate views.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Gosh, can't people understand that they would need to be charged before they could be dealt with by the courts, and then found guilty. If they all insist it was a prank and not foul Water what would the police charge them with?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Unless the law can prove they did more likely, it’s clearly staged and the colour of the liquid doesn’t even look right, I would assume a mixture of various squash drinks mixed together to look as disgusting as possible on camera. Stunts like this are recorded all the time and this is why... to create a reaction/buzz and generate views.
If they generate enough views and followers they really won’t care.
Probably true, but it doesn’t stop them from being disgusting human beings giving all of us - even you - a bad name. I really hope that you are happy and comfortable with that, because there are many of us who are not.

Dec 19, 2014
edinburgh
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 694
Exp
since 2004
I think that we could make the exact opposite into the truth, by motorhomers and motorhoming groups very publicly expressing outrage via social, television and printed media. As individuals and as members of groups, we all need to pick up this challenge and get to work on it.
I hope this could be so but already it has but a lot of hard work done by some groups back several weeks and has been used as evidence of motorhome excesses.. I do feel that fortunately councils and planning departments are not going to believe that this is expected behaviour by all users

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Probably true, but it doesn’t stop them from being disgusting human beings giving all of us - even you - a bad name. I really hope that you are happy and comfortable with that, because there are many of us who are not.

Agreed there will be some that would tarnish all motorhomers with the same brush after seeing it but in reality how many?

Some people drink drive, some people kill others, some abuse children, some start wars etc etc. It doesn’t mean we all do, only a moron would say we did.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
the publication of this one video destroyed months of hard work and years of goodwill. as a memeber of serveral groups I and others have been campaigning for better facilities in the more popular areas of Scotland. this just gave our opposition all the ammo they needed.
Not sure ... it actually could be used to prove the point that more facilities are needed to prevent idiots like this doing what they have, whether a prank or not.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I hope this could be so but already it has but a lot of hard work done by some groups back several weeks and has been used as evidence of motorhome excesses.. I do feel that fortunately councils and planning departments are not going to believe that this is expected behaviour by all users
I don't think that anybody watching that hour-long video is going to think that anything those people do is "normal" behaviour.
However there has been a lot of dirty camping in the last few years, worse than ever this year, and plenty in Highland including along the NC500 - most I think is due to ignorance (how many people actually understand how big Highland is and how lacking in facilities?) and/ or lack of experience (I've been asked by a newbie owner 'what happens to the stuff in the loo'); but sometimes just plain selfishness and idiocy.
Highland Council, supported to a great extent by CAMpRA, is encouraging a network of aire-type overnight stops and (hopefully) disposal points. CAMPA (I know, the two are far too closely named) is a good organisation but they can only give information, they can't sit on people's shoulders.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
It would be up them to prove it was fake I'd guess.
No its other way round. Remember innocent until proven guilty. Always upheld on this forum :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back