Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The hire company needs to report them.
I personally reported them to SEPA (Scottish Environmental Protection Agency) as did many others.
cannot see how the Hire companies would know this was going on, but they are at fault if they don’t brief the hirers properly. I know when I hired there was no mention on what to do with waste
Here in Scotland we have this organisation
They have really helpful advice on their website eg https://www.campa.org.uk/waste-disposal/
Maybe we can support them and encourage similar in the other countries of the UK.

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Would a mandatory code of conduct for Motorhome Hire Companies do any good? Would idiots like this read it?

All I can see after this in your post is "Cannot load Facebook SDK". Perhaps post a screen grab instead?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Can we just not find where they live get them in to a van drop them off up the Yorkshires moors on a coal raining night and let nature take it coerce.
bill
Used to do that with young car thieves when I was a Police officer, those that didn’t understand the ‘justice’ system had the ‘try walking back off the Pennine way with no shoes back home to Oldham’ worked for us 😈

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
I believe that both the Police and SEPA have been provided copies of the video.

This has been all over the various NC500 FB pages and the individuals have all been identified. It seems that they have all shut down their various social media accounts.

There is some suggestion (on various FB pages) that it may have been a stunt to further enhance there reputation as ‘influencers’. 🤷‍♂️ They apparently have their own ‘TV’ channel.

Ian
Influencers to whom, ""Morons are Us""

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
It has now been reported in the northern press:

Press and Journal

Ian
Hope that they are found and fined there is too much of people not taking responsibility for their actions. People bang on about their rights but alongside sits responsibilities which for a minority just do not want to accept.

we want to have safe responsible fun with our MoHo’s and be welcomed when we travel 👍

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Likewise. I always fancied a canal boat for summer and motorhome abroad for winter, been having stayed near canals and walked along them with my dogs, there seems to be a very similar thing going on, put me right off. The dogs thought it was great, the seem to love human po.......
I have seen evidence of this too. Toilet contents on show in bushes next to tow path..I’ve even seen a few discarded cassettes amongst it also. River Lea navigation Waltham Abbey. It’s just totally beyond me why anyone would think of doing this? I mean, they could bury it as a last resort, but they don’t even choose to do that.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
With 4-up and at a revenue weight of 3500 kg, is there ANY chance that they're not driving overweight?

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
This sickens me. I sincerely hope this has been referred to the Police. The numberplate is visible and could be checked out.
It’s so hard to believe there are so many thickheads around who don’t give a stuff about anyone else but themselves. Not even sure they care about themselves either!

Dec 19, 2014
edinburgh
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 694
Exp
since 2004
the publication of this one video destroyed months of hard work and years of goodwill. as a memeber of serveral groups I and others have been campaigning for better facilities in the more popular areas of Scotland. this just gave our opposition all the ammo they needed.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
the publication of this one video destroyed months of hard work and years of goodwill. as a memeber of serveral groups I and others have been campaigning for better facilities in the more popular areas of Scotland. this just gave our opposition all the ammo they needed.
I think that we could make the exact opposite into the truth, by motorhomers and motorhoming groups very publicly expressing outrage via social, television and printed media. As individuals and as members of groups, we all need to pick up this challenge and get to work on it.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
CL sites, campsites, Aires all have code of conduct or good practice ie no setting up of tables and chairs at Aires (some exceptions). There seems to be a significant appetite for ‘wild camping’ where by definition there are presumably no facilities and as a solitary type of camping there is no control - again by definition that is the benefit. Outside of common sense and consideration to the environment/ being considerate to others is there a code of conduct, best practice or whatever you choose to call it. Clearly as shown by these examples some are either not aware or simply being selfish. I am not commenting on those that choose to Wild Camping or not just trying to clarify what the uninitiated should be aware of that could be forwarded to those hiring and others as I suspect they are not isolated cases.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
From the hire vans I've seen they are not designed for wild camping, I've never heard of one carrying a spare cassette which means with four adults onboard the cassette will need emptying every day or so. Most hirers wouldn't know where to get water from, I'm not sure if the vans are equipped with solar?

In my opinion a condition of hiring should be you stay on sites with at least minimal services, or the insurance is invalid.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I watched Jim's video..

Boy... those Top Gear lads have improved their stunts haven't they.. so much better than the last series...

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I've watched the video 3 times now and I'm not convinced that is the 'normal' contents of a cassette, there is no sign of solids or toilet paper. Poorly thought out prank. Not that, that helps the likes of us responsible MH's.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
All I can see after this in your post is "Cannot load Facebook SDK". Perhaps post a screen grab instead?
He could but it'll be a client side browser setting.
Looks OK on this user's browser.
e.g.
1605708536115.png

edit: in the original post here they just screen shots ;)

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since Jul 2018
I wonder if they're students from Leeds because apart from their accent, if you google SWHBB it's also a campus at Leeds Uni. The sad thing is, it's idiots like them that give the responsible motorhomers a bad reputation.

I'm not sure if the van is a hire van or not as the decals would suggest their own logos, which if it's a hire one, I'm sure the hire company wouldn't be impressed. I did see someone say on Facebook that the hire company was Camperco in Coventry, but whether they have been contacted, who knows?

Also, with respect to the ones saying it's probably a stunt etc., yes it could well be, but let's face it, with social media these days others would be stupid enough to join in with this sort of behaviour to try and out do each other and before you know it could impact everyone.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have added my bit and I have reported the incident to the Environment agency for Scotland, The Highland local authority and the Bettyhill local the Northern Times.

dont know if anything will come out of it but at least i feel i have done something about it.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
All the "idiots" behaving badly complained about in this forum have been through our education system and have the vote. Just a thought.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
It has now been reported in the northern press:

Press and Journal

Ian
Good, and whether or not it’s a set up they should still be severely dealt with as it’s certainly implied that it’s waste. These people are the scum of the earth and certainly not motorhomers. NC500 needed no promoting anyway. People knew it was there for exploring.

Bountyman53

Free Member
Feb 13, 2018
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1999
I believe that both the Police and SEPA have been provided copies of the video.

This has been all over the various NC500 FB pages and the individuals have all been identified. It seems that they have all shut down their various social media accounts.

There is some suggestion (on various FB pages) that it may have been a stunt to further enhance there reputation as ‘influencers’. 🤷‍♂️ They apparently have their own ‘TV’ channel.

Ian
If this was a stunt they're going to find it devilishly difficult to prove that wasn't human waste they were dumping.... numpties

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
They made that video with some enthusiasm, keen to raise the middle finger to society.

I would make it compulsory viewing everyday on you tube for both them and their parents for decades to come and let the thoughtless B4rstewards die of embarrassment. They should be forced to show it to future employers too.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
If this was a stunt they're going to find it devilishly difficult to prove that wasn't human waste they were dumping.... numpties

If there is a prosecution, won’t it be for the prosecutors to prove that it was, in all likelihood(?), human waste and not the other way round?

Their ‘apology’ claims that all may not be as it seems as they produce ‘content’ for entertainment. 🤷‍♂️

Ian

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Seems their social media accounts have been going down faster than a cheap hooker.
Except Mr Ryan Eaglen, who forgot all about his Linkedin account ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back