Motorhome has gone! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just wanted to mention a observations about how Premium Motorhomes of Bawtry conducted the handover compared with when we bought the Bessie from Marquis.

In total the handover took about 2 hours, nothing was rushed and we had a check list to make sure everything was covered.
We was given a full tank of fuel
12 months road tax was included, we only got 6 months on Bessie
We were then presented with a large bouquet of flowers, and a bottle of champagne, which was a complete surprise.

We've been invited to take the MH back in 3 months, so that they can check the Gaslow installation, and do a free habitation check to make sure all is OK and to sort out any 'niggles' we find in the meantime.

Hopefully the higher level of service will continue in the future - which would certainly be a welcomed surprise compared with way UK dealers normally behave.

Next we're off to @Vanbitz to have our inverter (previously fitted in Bessie) re fitted, and some air conditioning, and solar panels sorted.

The adventure begins!

Last edited by a moderator:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Lovely looking Mh ,I'd be jealous if I did not have my rapido ordered :)
well maybe just a little bit:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Next we're off to @Vanbitz to have our inverter (previously fitted in Bessie) re fitted, and some air conditioning, and solar panels sorted.

Sound like a great dealer, must resist popping over they are very local to us

Out of interest why did you not get the solar and air con fitted from new by Carthago?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sound like a great dealer, must resist popping over they are very local to us

Out of interest why did you not get the solar and air con fitted from new by Carthago?
Hi David
We only thought about the solar and air con after we had placed order and the van was already on the way from Germany. It was a van which has been ordered for stock (so the dealer says) so, whilst we were able to negotiate a great discount, we didn't get to personalize, other than the factory fitted awning. Having said that the spec was exactly what we would have ordered anyway and included all the 'bits' we wanted.
The dealer fitted Gaslow (at cost price, with free fitting), leaving us only to get our inverter re-fitted.

Regards
Robert

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Think you need to update that profile piccie?
Would this one be better?

classic-wooden-motorhome-france-sm.jpg

Or a nice new shiny one?

images

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looks great, lovely van, really like the Carthago look, hope you enjoy the days to come.

I have to agree with that, we came so close to buying the Carthago and even now I prefer its appearance to our 'platin plus' , you'll notice quite a difference to your old one. See you out there. ......... Griff

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Was Bessie a Bessacarr? If so, did you swap after 12 months because of the appalling quality and endless faults!!??
Hi Chris
Yes, Bessie was a Bessecarr
Quality was reasonable to be honest
Service from Swift was good
We would never have considered a Carthago as our first van as the cost was just too high
I think the Bessacarr is a good van for beginners and as such it serves it's purpose well
Regards
Robert

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have to agree with that, we came so close to buying the Carthago and even now I prefer its appearance to our 'platin plus' , you'll notice quite a difference to your old one. See you out there. ......... Griff
We came very close to a Carthago but we also ended up with a Frankia, spooky!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We came very close to a Carthago but we also ended up with a Frankia, spooky!

Not really 'spooky' Neil, anyone who can spot quality workmanship and materials is bound to have these two names on their list and then compromise kicks in. If I'd gone for the Carthago I could have driven further into Cornwall than I'll get with this beast. They're all a compromise. My trike wouldn't fit in the garage of the smaller Carthago so I have chosen well, still prefer the appearance of the Carthago though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Why did you change from you Bessie?
Because we spend so much time away, we decided that a fixed island bed would be ideal
We also wanted a bigger fridge, as well as the improved handling and performance of an A class compared with s coach built.
Our MH is like our second home, so little luxuries mean a lot

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Because we spend so much time away, we decided that a fixed island bed would be ideal
We also wanted a bigger fridge, as well as the improved handling and performance of an A class compared with s coach built.
Our MH is like our second home, so little luxuries mean a lot

Plus you only need to step inside one and the quality difference sooooooo obvious!

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Congratulations. It's a beautiful looking van. We hope you have more luck with your Carthago than us. After 12 motorhomes we thought we had bought total quality but sadly not.My toolbox has been used more with this van than the last three put together. The build quality of the cabinetwork is excellent but unfortunately they still fit rubbish everything else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back