Motorhome gathering on Santa Comba Dao open market site. (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
In a bit of a rush going out,and when i came back it was dusk and few folk about,at least 20 units have pulled in,one has a flag flying of some sort,so tomorrow,armed with G/daughter (Kapitan Porty Speeeeka) i will walk among them and see how many beans make five.
I have allways thought of this as a super o/night spot if hauling down the "IP3" Mid way between,Viseu-Coimbra,it is flat and has Pingo Doce S/market 100 yds ( Or even the same distance measured in Metric units,so there!) and Cafe/Bars everywhere.
Next job then,where if possible to get permission to o/night,and supply GPS position.
Not wanting to put off FLT's ,CC and or C&cc members ,as an ex CC warden,you know how to park,(Rear O/side to pegs) any requests for anything different will be met by great hostility from me.
"I FOUND IT and its MY ROOOOOOOOOOls"......Next question? NON! GOOD!
Let you know tomorrow,it is just a gnats cod of the IP3,flat and LOADS of room.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Just a quick update. It was.."Clube Autocaravanista Saloio." I very ice lady told my Porty Speeeeka,that they had permission from the Camra Municipal ? Santa Comba Dao,so when the dust has settled after New Year,i will go and see if there are/...Any..places in Santa Comba,where,if you where passing through,you could lay your head for a night or two.
The following numbers mean NOTHING to me,but came up when i punched "Location" into the Sat nav,while sat on the open market place Santa Comba Dao.So get Google Earthing (Whatever?) Minxy can do it,she flagged up a spot at Humber bridge i was trying to tell someone,
And the numbers are............... N.40.39949Degs
W. 8.13443Degs
Pictures to follow,Lumix went on the blink,screen saying.."Card Locked" again. I unlocked it later,just as they were pulling offsite,this time i had to hit the card with a 2lb. lump hammer to get it to work,normaly if i clout the bumper with it,it used to work a treat.
Tea Bag.
PS. would be nice if some "Full Wit" could supply a picture of wherever these numbers are so i know for in the future.Thanks.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The posting originally occupying this space was a load of Bo!!ox so I removed it before too many Funsters found out I was a Half Wit.

Now going to drown what brain cells remain.

Emmitdb
News at 5.25pm
Algarve,
Portugal

Unfortunately the man with the Camera on top of his car didn't drive past the place.
It looks a lovely town though, according to the photo's posted on Giggle(sic) Maps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Oh! Do keep up.
Tea Bag (hereinafter called the OP) was parked up in a town/village in Central Portugal when he was 'surrounded' by motorhomes of the foreign owned variety (Portuguese)
He doesn't speak their language but used his granddaughter to translate when speaking to one of these motohomers and they informed him in turn that they had obtained permission from the 'Camara' (Town Hall) to run a meet there.
The OP got the Co-ords from his Sat Nav with the hope that someone on here could go to said co-ords and get pictures for the benefit of all on here to see what a lovely place it was.

Didn't anyone teach you how to read gibberish, if not, what are you doing looking at this thread.:xdoh:
Happy New Year:xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
The posting originally occupying this space was a load of Bo!!ox so I removed it before too many Funsters found out I was a Half Wit.

Emmitdb
News at 5.25pm
Algarve,
Portugal

Unfortunately the man with the Camera on top of his car didn't drive past the place.
It looks a lovely town though, according to the photo's posted on Giggle(sic) Maps

Oh! Do keep up.
Tea Bag (hereinafter called the OP) was parked up in a town/village in Central Portugal when he was 'surrounded' by motorhomes of the foreign owned variety (Portuguese)
He doesn't speak their language but used his granddaughter to translate when speaking to one of these motohomers and they informed him in turn that they had obtained permission from the 'Camara' (Town Hall) to run a meet there.
The OP got the Co-ords from his Sat Nav with the hope that someone on here could go to said co-ords and get pictures for the benefit of all on here to see what a lovely place it was.

Didn't anyone teach you how to read gibberish, if not, what are you doing looking at this thread.:xdoh:
Happy New Year:xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:

Emmitdb
News at 5.25pm
Algarve,
Portugal

Hi. Thanks EACH!!
I can now go and start on the Conde Noble,knowing that this post is.......... "Up and Running?. Please be aware that there may be more to come within a few weeks. I am going to force myself to learn how to post pics........(DREAM ON!!)
So to all.
"Happy New Year" and many of them if we are spared.
Tea Bag and First Wife.....

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Google maps comes up with this spot in Santa Comba Dao in Portugal.
IMG_1077.PNG

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Don't be shy, we know how much effort you put in to getting that far. Well done.

But at least I was approaching it from the top down, not the bottom up!!!
Happy New Year Brian.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks to @Riverbankannie for the Photo.
Unfortunately this town is not the best when it comes to the 'Googlecam' whizzing around the town.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi. Thanks EACH!!
I can now go and start on the Conde Noble,knowing that this post is.......... "Up and Running?. Please be aware that there may be more to come within a few weeks. I am going to force myself to learn how to post pics........(DREAM ON!!)
So to all.
"Happy New Year" and many of them if we are spared.
Tea Bag and First Wife.....

I blame the strength of this Portuguese "Falling Down" water. It's potent stuff!!

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Google maps comes up with this spot in Santa Comba Dao in Portugal.View attachment 139918
Hi.
OK. The area they were parked on (The M/homes)... Go up the left hand side of the picture,just over half way,it appears as if there are some "Green Bins",just above them is a Stoned area,with a little clump of trees and what could be one of the little bridges over a stream,THIS is where the mkt is.
Looking up the road,bottom of pic towards the top,there is a new build block of flats,with piles of stone in front,the stone has been levelled and is where various buses and Juggernaut jockeys,home for a clean shirt and a towel,before heading back out into "Foriegn Parts" again for another 6 weeks . The area behind the concrete blocks to the left of the road has been built on,shops,flats etc .
I will go and have an ask around,to see where it would be OK to park,in all honesty,apart from the Open Mkt area,i would think you would be OK,but i will check,we have only lived in S/C/Dao for about three years,before we were just outside of Tabua,about 12 miles away. Thanks for the input.
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back