lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul you look nice and fresh in the pic, my only concern was it looks like your wearing a onesie :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still trying to get over an injury hope to do some trail running when back to fitness.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
20 miles on a tread mill, man that must be so so so so boring.....

I done a 5k Park run race yesterday, smashed my PB....

Been for a 15 mile walk today in preparation for next weeks Anglessey jobbie...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Yes, I was thinking about you and the Anglesey event next week. Hope you're ready for it and well done with the PB!
Treadmill running is a means to an end here, terrific mind training though...:Cool:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done des I get bored after 5 mins, guy from my work who does ultras ran a 24 hour race round a track that would do my head in.

I like to use the treadmill for speed work but haven't done a great deal lately due to suspected slipped disc even though it not sore walking or running just sitting so have been limiting my runs to 10k ish. Still hoping to do the Blackpool half though.

Be even better as could be in my new van

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Guys,
Been back in training for the last few weeks. Did a 5 mile race today and recorded 44.34. 25 secs per mile quicker than last year ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
I've had an ultrasound scan on my ankle and the consultant's decided to try a steroid injection so waiting for an appointment.
Also I've lost almost a stone since the end of October so things are good.

I now need to persuade hubby that i need a skiing holiday before March :winky:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Bagged another 20 miles today, 5 mins faster than the last one and feeling pretty good tonight. See what tomorrow brings...:roflmto:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Did a 6.6 mile road race today in the Preseli hills. Floods & snow :roflmto:

Went a bit quicker than last year though.

Still working on the skiing hol. Considering going to Super Besse, in the Massif Central.........

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well, just a little 13 miler for me today.

Ive ran 35 miles this week so not too bad. Was really dissapointed with the Anglesey marathon being called off and only being able to do a tough mountain 10k but hey ho.

Ive now entered two ultra marathons, Ive entered the Peak district ultra 29 miler in April and also entered the Sandstone trail. 33 miles of running up and down hills.

Im off skiing in just 17 days so will get a couple of long runs in, then some short ones whilst out in the alps. Gorgeous views and hard running.

Sure beats a treadmill :roflmto:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Not long been a member on here. We do a bit of running, but not the mileage your guys seem to do - much respect. We do however, always get a run or two in when we go away in van. Having the motorhome has enabled us to run in the most beautiful parts of th UK.

Hoping to do a local half marathon in March.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Jill well done with your running, I'm still suffering with injury just as I think it's better it gets worse on the plus side it doesn't hurt when running. So far this year I have limited myself to 6 miles or there abouts and not run for ten days now as trying to get better before my Marathon training kicks in next weekend.

Armytwowheels I notice your going to the Chester meet will have to arrange a wee run one morning if anyone is sober also noticed Haggers is going so could be a nice wee group. Lorraine has also started running only short distances but is enjoying it, have you had a look at the park runs as a few are next to campsite well up here anyway and free to enter.

Your right about the motorhome being good for the running ideal for sitting down having a cuppa after a run :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I may be a runner but I didn't say what speed we go at, the words 'extremely slow' come to mind!!

Other good thing about the motorhome and running - you can justify and produce a big cooked breakfast after a morning run!

We mainly run cross country (slowly) with the dog ( she's not slow, just me!).

We will be taking the running and cycling paraphernalia to the Chester meet so we might be up for a little outing.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Im going to Chester too. Im running the Crewe 10k that weekend as well. Im working some of it, just not sure when or what Im working. However, I plan to run from work to the meet on one of those days. It's about 24 miles, Nikki will have the car, so im sure she can come and collect me if it goes wrong. :roflmto:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Well, "tomorrow" worked out okay so it was a 10k easy run earlier, that's the schedule.:winky:

Well done with your road race Jill, despite the conditions, just makes it all more fun.:thumb:

Agreed Armytwowheels, it's great to get out and run in different places. I have a Garmin GPS watch that wherever we are in the world I get a running route downloaded. It's become a bit of an addiction, "collecting running routes". Beats "stamps" anyhow...:RollEyes:

That's a packed running schedule Haganap. I only have two races booked for next leave so far, Blackpool Marathon and the Bupa Manchester 10K.:thumb:

Hope you're recovering Gerry, takes time eh?:Sad:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi Jill well done with your running, I'm still suffering with injury just as I think it's better it gets worse on the plus side it doesn't hurt when running. So far this year I have limited myself to 6 miles or there abouts and not run for ten days now as trying to get better before my Marathon training kicks in next weekend.

Armytwowheels I notice your going to the Chester meet will have to arrange a wee run one morning if anyone is sober also noticed Haggers is going so could be a nice wee group. Lorraine has also started running only short distances but is enjoying it, have you had a look at the park runs as a few are next to campsite well up here anyway and free to enter.

Your right about the motorhome being good for the running ideal for sitting down having a cuppa after a run :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The nearest park run is actually at Liverpool or my local one at Congleton. Great events and welll worth the effort.

As said, I am doing the Crewe 10k on Easter Sunday, I can't make any plans though as I'm unsure what Im working, otherwise we could of gone over to run that. Probability is that I will have to run it then go to work afterwards.

My legs really ache today, not sure why, ive done loads of 13 miler's before....

Your right Arny,

The motorhome is a really good resource for getting your runs in. I love using it as a base when I go on running events. It means that Nikki can come along and relax at the same time whilst I go off running.

What injury have you got Gerry?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Running in the Sunshine

Just not used to this...no gloves, no coat, on thermals, kept thinking I had forgotten something!! Lovely 8 miles along the towpath on sunny morning, just what was needed.:Smile:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Sounds idyllic ATW, which canal towpath? Some of my favourite runs at home are along the Leeds - Liverpool, west of Wigan.:thumb:

Can't complain about the running here at the mo though, logged 60 miles for last week which included two 20k runs around Martiques, South of France. It was chilly but still in my shorts. It's a lovely spot, especially off season.::bigsmile:

Also picked up a smashin' new pair of Asics Nimbus 14 running shoes! Just running them in ready for the next marathon.:winky:

Now we're anchored off La Coulette, Tunisia. Bagged 20 miles on the dreadmilll this afternoon.:Cool:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds idyllic ATW, which canal towpath? Some of my favourite runs at home are along the Leeds - Liverpool, west of Wigan.:thumb:

We ran along the Grand Union, Foxton to Market Harborough. Usually prefer the fields but they are bogging at the moment.

Your weekly mileage is impressive! I usually try to get in 20 miles a week but even that gets interrupted by work - shouldn't be allowed ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Your all making me jealous just now as still struggling with injury so still only really short runs mainly on the treadmill although I did go for a run outside tonight only 5 miles and didn't feel to bad will wait and see the reaction tomorrow. Will have to decide in the next week or so if I can do the Edinburgh marathon at the end of June due to lack of training and this bloody injury.

As for running in shorts I normally run in mine all year round must be warmer up here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just back from Ledbury after doing the mudrunner icebreaker duathlon. 10k off road, 20k mtb, 3k. Using the landrover test tracks, water filled pits, mud, steep hills, mud and more mud. Thank god it was sunny. It took me nearly 4 1/2 hours. Loved the run, it was great fun, but the bike leg hurt.

Hubby & son did it also. Dan (son) came in 13th (out of 419 finishers) but he went in the 2nd wave, 5 mins after the first and we didn't realise that the timing was based on gun, not chip, time or he could have been 8th - at 17 :thumb:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Nailed a cool 39km on the dreadmill today.:thumb:
Needed to do a three hour run, my goal time for a full marathon, so 3hrs @ 13 km/hr.
Only need to do the whole thing again, on the day for real, on the road, 1km/hr faster...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Desres i struggle on the treadmill and have only ever done 2 hours once as i was watching a football match at the same time:ROFLMAO:

On the injury front getting a little better seeing a orthapedic surgeon in 10 days just to get the hip checked, managed to do 20miles this week though most i have done this year and no adverse affects so looks like the Edinburgh marathon is still on only 13 weeks to go so need to get the training started. Still hoping to do Blackpool half on the 7/4/13 as part of my training.

Happy running folks

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Good grief 39k on a treadmill. How did you keep your concentration?

Fully loaded i-Pod with plenty of upbeat, "feel good", old school rock. Some modern stuff robbed off my daughter as well but that usually gets skipped...:roflmto:

Good news Gerry, hope all goes well with the surgeon. 13 weeks is plenty for a "get me round" preparation. See you at Blackpool all being well. I've got about three weeks left to do here, hope to get home just in time for a last long run before the taper...:Smile:

Here's a thing about yesterday. Weighed myself before the run and was 66.8kg. Drank two litres of water "en route" and was 65.3kg when I came off the machine...:whatthe:

Out of bed this morning and all good with the legs, currently in Tunisia, it's a bright and sunny morning...:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Just back from a tortureous 9 mile Cloud 9 Fell run. 2 mins slower than last year, but in fairness I have only ran 6 mile in 4 weeks due to a real stinker of a virus and obviously being poorly with it whilst skiing hasn't helped.

I managed it though so that's something.

The weekend of the Chester meet, there is a new Park Run around the wonderful Delamere Forrest. It is on the Saturday 9 am start and is about a 20 min drive from Chester. Pretty sure I am going to be doing it and then the Crewe 10k the next day.

Next race for me is in deepest Wales the Rhayada round the lake 20 miler. Looking at the past few years worth of results, I think I will be certainly fighting to avoid last place. It's quite hilly too. with some real steepies. :Blush:

Still, I will be in the Van, so in for a penny in for a pound :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul sounds like a hard slog when not feeling 100%, I managed a nice run just over 10m today this is the furthest I have run since November due to injury felt ok during the run and just a little sore after which is to be expected.

As for the park run I might be up for that if your offering a lift depends on my Edinburgh marathon training if I can get a long run done the Friday or Sunday the a 5k would be fine, Lorraine might even be up for it if I can talk her into it.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad:paul, sorry if this not the right place to post this; I don't think it is really, but last night I couldn't sleep for thinking about the family of that man who disappeared. You won't believe how often I think about them and what they must be going through without closure. Please would you let them know that people still think about them and havn't forgotten them. Thank you.

Sorry, back to thread.

Paul, Janine just told me he was found. I am so sorry that this wasn't a happy ending but a least now the family can continue with the grieving process. So very very sad. Joy

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back