Motorhome Fun Is No More Fun For Me :-( (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Must be something in the water (no pun intended) tonight. I think the strain of a unbelievably miserable year, crap weather, political unrest and a bizarre festive period are finally taking there toll on many members today. Myself included, I've been a right sulky git today.

Just ignore him irnbru and I hope you get a satisfying outcome to your van problem
I really should I know but I'm a scot like yourself so thick skinned, and Coventry..., Jim can come up with an alternative since theres no cross travel :rofl:

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Nope! Ivehad enough. £48K is not a lot to some folk but a life savings for others. How many chances and how long do we have to do without a van. Mums 80 now so not getting any younger, she should be enjoying the van and not stressing over the heap of S**T!
I'm with you on this one I do find it surprising how much CR@P people are will to put up with when often it is one of the most expensive purchases of their lives.

I think some dealers rely on the fact that many people travel to purchase and want to use the vans not have them parked at the dealership.

Take it back park it on their forecourt and demand a loan vehicle until the issues is resolved. But as Jimbohorlicks says keep calm, put everything in writing and get in touch with trading standard immediately for advice.

Do you have legal cover on any of your insurances, it may be worth contacting them as well.

Don't set fire to it, you've told too many people. xroll:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Threads on here just keep getting stranger :unsure: here we have one where the op starts off complaining about her van, but now it's completely turned round after some Argy bargy she is defending it and falling out with folks who are trying to help her:doh::doh:

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Sorry to hear this Sandra. It’s hard to be rational when it’s everything you’ve invested in, but it probably will help negotiations. Really hope you can find a way forwarded (and that we get some travelling next year) x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Sorry to hear about your problems, hope your mum is well (say hello)
hopefully they will fix it cause changing can be stressful too

I think quality control on most new MH’S is s##t
i’m now on my third new MH in 2 years , rejected 2 & only had the new one 3 weeks , it seems ok but have spent the last 2 weeks tidying it up

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Threads on here just keep getting stranger :unsure: here we have one where the op starts off complaining about her van, but now it's completely turned round after some Argy bargy she is defending it and falling out with folks who are trying to help her:doh::doh:
Elaborate please. How comments are helpful. If you read the thread properly you'll see what Ive said is defending my initial thoughts on the product, nothing more nothing less.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thought Id seen it on Premiums web-site, didnt hang around too long. Does that mean you've chopped it against the new Morello you cancelled earlier in the year?
They sold it in a week
Thankfully the new owner got a 12 month warranty

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Are you saying your N+B was Friday afternoon model ?
So when's the new Morelo (spelt wrongly in my last post) due ?;)
I’m happy to share my experiences with any genuine potential N&B buyer. Same as I’ve done with potential Carthago buyers

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You’re welcome to your opinion but it’s not necessarily the truth
Whatever! your posts are boring now.

Ive read plenty of your posts before.The truth is you've no idea how the other half scrimp and scrape.

In a way, good on you, you've worked hard so you've reaped the benefits of having wealthy stuff, hooray to you , you got a break in life.

Theres plenty other folk that have no doubt worked as hard and didn't get your lucky breaks...Oh wait ..I'm assuming again I know but you get the picture I'm sure.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I'm upset, angry , P****d off, you name it! When motorhoming becomes no longer fun...Not the forum but the fun or joys of motorhoming. End of July 2019 we buy a 1yr old 1500 mile motorhome, by Dec the floor in a cupboard corner is wet , dealer has van between Jan-May, a small section of floor is replaced along with roof cappings. Oct, I notice the door pillar has stress cracks, supposed to go in under warranty for replacement pillar in January. Today I go check on van to find its wet in the exact same place as previously. Right now I feel like putting a match to it or leaving it in a theft hotspot. Sick to the stomach of it!

Nope! Ivehad enough. £48K is not a lot to some folk but a life savings for others. How many chances and how long do we have to do without a van. Mums 80 now so not getting any younger, she should be enjoying the van and not stressing over the heap of S**T!

Hi Sandra, sorry we don’t know each other but i‘m sorry to hear your woes,

So the salient points are -

You bought a vehicle in July 19, by December it had a major fault.

Dealer had it back in Jan 20 and only returned it in May 20 (some delay due to covid possibly)

Oct 20 you noticed another fault, which may or may not be connected to the original fault.

Today you find evidence that suggests the original fault repair may not have been successful.

You seem to suggest that vehicle is going back in January 21 under warranty, is that correct?

Where does this warranty come from, the manufacturer or the dealer or a insurance based product?

It seems to me that the vehicle supplied may not be fit for purpose unless between July 19 and December 19 there was an event that caused these issues (this is not and accusation, just a question)

How was the vehicle financed?

Your right £48k is a lot of money, but your financial standing as well as the manufacturer are completely irrelevant, you have a problem and you need a resolve so you can enjoy the product you paid for or receive compensation, so sorry my lovely but as much as I feel for you, you need to stop running on immolation and start kicking some arse.

Go back to July 19, get the milage at point of purchase, then find the mileage in December 19 and dig out your photos and try to establish proof that you didn’t damage this thing yourself, then check the warranty details and the vehicles history, if you financed the purchase get onto the finance company and see if they can help.

Sorry but in early 2020 you should have done all this and now your behind the curve, once you’ve got it all together break it down into key points and then seek professional help if needed.

This is either a manufacturer fault, a dealer miss sell or something you yourself caused, getting het up on here may make you feel better (or not) but what you need is a fix or a refund and you’ll get nether here I’m afraid.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Whatever! your posts are boring now.

Ive read plenty of your posts before.The truth is you've no idea how the other half scrimp and scrape.

In a way, good on you, you've worked hard so you've reaped the benefits of having wealthy stuff, hooray to you , you got a break in life.

Theres plenty other folk that have no doubt worked as hard and didn't get your lucky breaks...Oh wait ..I'm assuming again I know but you get the picture I'm sure.
Please stop judging and attacking me

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Sandra, sorry we don’t know each other but i‘m sorry to hear your woes,

So the salient points are -

You bought a vehicle in July 19, by December it had a major fault.

Dealer had it back in Jan 20 and only returned it in May 20 (some delay due to covid possibly) and awaiting parts

Yes I partly blame covid and awaiting parts. I firmly believe though cant prove the damp was there before we purchased it. The floor cupboard in question never had damp readings taken inside it.
Oct 20 you noticed another fault, which may or may not be connected to the original fault. No, not related to damp side

Today you find evidence that suggests the original fault repair may not have been successful.

You seem to suggest that vehicle is going back in January 21 under warranty, is that correct? Yes correct

Where does this warranty come from, the manufacturer or the dealer or a insurance based product?Manufacturer

It seems to me that the vehicle supplied may not be fit for purpose unless between July 19 and December 19 there was an event that caused these issues (this is not and accusation, just a question) Was barely used, IMO not fit for scottish rain climate.

How was the vehicle financed? Cash by debit card

Your right £48k is a lot of money, but your financial standing as well as the manufacturer are completely irrelevant, you have a problem and you need a resolve so you can enjoy the product you paid for or receive compensation, so sorry my lovely but as much as I feel for you, you need to stop running on immolation and start kicking some arse.

Go back to July 19, get the milage at point of purchase, then find the mileage in December 19 and dig out your photos and try to establish proof that you didn’t damage this thing yourself, then check the warranty details and the vehicles history, if you financed the purchase get onto the finance company and see if they can help.

Sorry but in early 2020 you should have done all this and now your behind the curve, once you’ve got it all together break it down into key points and then seek professional help if needed.

This is either a manufacturer fault, a dealer miss sell or something you yourself caused, getting het up on here may make you feel better (or not) but what you need is a fix or a refund and you’ll get nether here I’m afraid.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Yes I partly blame covid and awaiting parts. I firmly believe though cant prove the damp was there before we purchased it. The floor cupboard in question never had damp readings taken inside it.

irnbru send me a pm. I may be able to get it repaired under warranty or even dispose of it for you and sort it afterwards
Seems someone’s trying to help rather than bicker well done Simon, so you need to pursue the manufacture, hopefully Simons your man but don’t ignore the other actions just incase.

Sandra my suggestion is, take advantage of the strong market, trade it and move on, you will never ‘love’ this one now 🤔👍

He may be right

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sadly we all know that many dealers will do the absolute minimum to repair a leak. I believe you bought from the M dealerships and their track record is to be frank appalling. If you can get it fixed elsewhere under warranty, I would do just that and then trade in against another van. You will always worry with this one now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back