Motorhome Fun Is No More Fun For Me :-( (1 Viewer)

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I have just had a quick glance through these four pages ( so far ) and I note that one or two people are being mobbed for, maybe, unintentional comments that are being misinterpreted and not probably meant in a deregulatory way.
I myself have made a couple of comments, one I thought was “ my surprise “ was, to me, humorous , but I got castigated for it.

This is a forum where we should all feel free to add to various subjects but if we all have to agree with a common view then what is the point of discussions.

I for one am not technically minded with regards to all this tec talk that is appearing but although I am 76 years old there is not many jobs that can defeat me if it involves the, mechanical aspects, brakes, suspension, etc, and being able to use the diagnostic gear here in our workshops, welding ( gas/mig ). And I can still change my own wheels and balance them if I need too. My skills have followed on from being an apprentice to the motor trade and various training courses over many years. However I and like many others my my age have never felt the need to tax ones brains any further, as far as I am concerned “ if it works leave it alone “

I do however feel sorry for anyone in this situation of having a “ damp “ motor home and hope that the situation can be resolved with some of the guidance given here.
We had this problem with a new Adria which went back to the factory but was no better when three months later it was returned. Unfortunately we had to reject it which caused unpleasantness with the dealer, but do not let that put you off by exercising your legal rights.
Wish you the seasons best and when your Benimar gets fixed you will be able to enjoy it.
We have friends who own a Milio and it is a cracking bit of kit with all the usual bits and pieces that come as extras, however they have not been very happy with Marquis either.
/

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks dipsie , so far Marquis have been fine , its just the standard of the repair thats not up to scratch. I highly suspect as mentioned on here that the leak is not coming from where they thought it was.

I have to agree, APART from the leak they are pretty well spec vans for the money. The chances are very high that if we were newcomers to motorhoming the leak would never have been picked up for a long time.

Will see what Marquis have to say about it soon.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
May I correct my friends view of Marquis that I have indicated wrongly, the management have been fine, it is the workshop that has caused niggles. They must have come from some desert country as they may be ok with a “ caravan of camels “ but appear occasionally to bury their heads in the sand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back