Motorhome Fun Is No More Fun For Me :-( (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm upset, angry , P****d off, you name it! When motorhoming becomes no longer fun...Not the forum but the fun or joys of motorhoming. End of July 2019 we buy a 1yr old 1500 mile motorhome, by Dec the floor in a cupboard corner is wet , dealer has van between Jan-May, a small section of floor is replaced along with roof cappings. Oct, I notice the door pillar has stress cracks, supposed to go in under warranty for replacement pillar in January. Today I go check on van to find its wet in the exact same place as previously. Right now I feel like putting a match to it or leaving it in a theft hotspot. Sick to the stomach of it!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I’m surprised that you react so positively when people ask about Benimar vans

I was shocked when I saw the ooor quality moulding on your van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry to hear that Sandra,call the dealer,nice and calmly and advise the damp area they repaired has not gone away and you really like to get it sorted asap before it gets worse and leads to bigger issues.
All the best. (y)
Nope! Ivehad enough. £48K is not a lot to some folk but a life savings for others. How many chances and how long do we have to do without a van. Mums 80 now so not getting any younger, she should be enjoying the van and not stressing over the heap of S**T!

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I’m surprised that you react so positively when people ask about Benimar vans

I was shocked when I saw the ooor quality moulding on your van
To be fair, reading the forum the best of vans can have a fault, the rest of the van is fine and reading Benimar forums it just seemed to me we have been unlucky..but AGAIN! Its clearly never been fixed properly. 99% of Benimar owners love them!

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For potential Benimar buyers have you any data to support that claim ?
Well I cant support my claim of 99 % but it would sure seem that way by the great reports they get on the several FB forums. VERY FEW ever complain about problems and its usually the folk with problems you hear about and never the good but roles are reversed on FBforums, most love their Benimar and sing their praises.

PS: I thought I loved mine too despite thinking initially was unlucky.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
most love their Benimar and sing their praises.
Hang on
First you said 99% love em
Now you say the majority (over 50%) sing their praises

The pics you showed us of the shoddy mouldings on your van were an eye opener

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hang on

Where did I say over 50 % sing their praises??

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sorry to hear such bad news Sandra, I hope you can get the problem resolved to your satisfaction, if that is possible.
I now know its a Benimar, what model is it?, A Mileo by any chance, I believe they sold in high numbers after their appearance on tele, 5 go motor homing.
So many questions now rear their ugly head, like why was a 12 month old van with only 1500 miles on it up for sale, was it rejected by previous owner? Not sure how or if you would ever find that out though.
All I can do is is send you a hug and hope whatever happens, you will be on the road when allowed in a nice dry van, so fingers crossed for you & Mum.
LES

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Nightmare Sandra, hope you get something sorted asap.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I now know its a Benimar, what model is it?, A Mileo by any chance,
Yes Les its a Mile.
You said most
Which is over 50%
Here Have a bain comb if you know what that is!
visiomed-zap_x-vm-x200-peigne-anti-lentes.jpg
We all dont have the cash to splash like you do and your comments are hurtful not helpful.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Knowing what you know now would you recommend someone invest their hard earned savings in a new Benimar ?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hang on

Hang on . If someone starts a post saying they are upset and angry, wouldn’t it be nicer to offer some kind words and support rather than just be seen to wind them up at a sensitive time ?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes Les its a Mile.

Here Have a bain comb if you know what that is! View attachment 450404We all dont have the cash to splash like you do and your comments are hurtful not helpful.
I’m not being hurtful

If any potential N&B buyer asked me if I’d recommend them I’d give an honest reply
The answer would be no

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Aren‘t you being unnecessarily picky there?
Give yourself a
clap copy.gif

Knowing what you know now would you recommend someone invest their hard earned savings in a new Benimar ?
Look, As I said even the best of makes have their bad ones, and one can only usually go by feedback from other users. To me we had 1 leak which was resolved. Its now escalated.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I’m not being hurtful

If any potential N&B buyer asked me if I’d recommend them I’d give an honest reply
The answer would be no
Fair enough . I just took your posts as kind of “ digs and pops” at the OP when she is already upset .

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Must be something in the water (no pun intended) tonight. I think the strain of a unbelievably miserable year, crap weather, political unrest and a bizarre festive period are finally taking there toll on many members today. Myself included, I've been a right sulky git today.

Just ignore him irnbru and I hope you get a satisfying outcome to your van problem

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back