Free Member
Jul 8, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach se745
Exp
20 years
Hello everyone. My name is Cyril and we have had a motorhome of sorts for around 20 years. Our first was a conversion by myself of an old Renault minibus which gave us many years of enjoyment. Our current model is a Bailey Approach SE 745 which although quite sizeable, nevertheless is ideal for us as a retired couple. I have had a few niggles with it, mainly concerning the Dometic fridge which after many long round trips to the dealer to determine it's problem, was rectified under warranty. Still, an on-going problem with the fridge, which I feel sure is quite well known is poor performance during hot weather; frequently shutting down through poor air circulation at the back. To cure this I have installed a small, low wattage PC case-cooling fan controlled by an adjustable thermostat to boost the cooling airflow and it is working very well; it cost in all, about £30. I am rather disappointed that Bailey could not have installed similar as standard in a motorhome costing around £40000.
Finally for now, does anyone know how to remove the inside trim from the accommodation entrance door of this model. The electric door lock is not working and I suspect it is the supply cable which is at fault since it moves quite a bit during opening and closing but does not seem to be sufficiently flexible.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
:hiya2: And :welcomesign:from Devon
Common problem with the fridges in hot wx a few on here have done the fan add-on.
Can't help with the door but sure someone maybe along to help.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:HelloThere::welcome4:Sorry can't help with door trim I know they are a bit of a challenge sure someone will have done one on the forum,good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun