mpnorth

Free Member
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hello, Newbie here

I understand that the strong recommendation is to decide on layout before committing to the purchase of a Motorhome.

I have seen a video of a Swift Bessacarr 496 Esprit which would seem to have the ideal layout. Rear U shaped lounge, central kitchen, bathroom area, front dinette and drop down double bed. UBroken Link Removed this is out of my price range.

Does anybody know of a Motorhome with this layout that might be able to purchase for around Ā£26k. Not looking for a specific offer just info on what Manufactures/models to look out for.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi there,
Just to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just this minute gone live. We manually check and approve new members first few posts that have links within just to ensure they are not spammers. Your post was just approved; people can see it now (y) Thanks.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Sounds silly, but have you looked on ebay for rentals? I'm not really suggesting to rent from there (although I would suggest renting the layout you think is ideal to try before you buy) but you might be able to see some older models in your price range that have the layout, or at least a similar one, to that which you are looking for?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Autotrail scout and the apache 700 have the same layouts.. (y)

I have had 1 x scout and 2 x 700's. The layout really suited us, great for a family or even just a big van for a couple.. This type of layout you will find mostly on British made vans.

Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (and rent first if you can........... (y) ;))

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi And welcome, at your budget forget drop down beds and look at overcab bed. We have a rollerteam 600 which would fit that description and price. Unfortunately we have been happy with ours for 11years so it's not for sale. (Love rear lounges). We looked at 100 vans before buying this one. Good luck on your journey.

Upvote 0

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hello, Newbie here

I understand that the strong recommendation is to decide on layout before committing to the purchase of a Motorhome.

I have seen a video of a Swift Bessacarr 496 Esprit which would seem to have the ideal layout. Rear U shaped lounge, central kitchen, bathroom area, front dinette and drop down double bed. UBroken Link Removed this is out of my price range.

Does anybody know of a Motorhome with this layout that might be able to purchase for around Ā£26k. Not looking for a specific offer just info on what Manufactures/models to look out for.

Thanks for any info.
Welcome to MHF.

We had one as our first van. LOVED IT !
Replaced after 3 years with another rear lounge model.

Bessacar is one Of Swifts brands. Have you looked at there other brands, some of which are cheaper?

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The van layout type you describe will probably be over 3500kgs,just check your licence covers C1 prior to buying a van over 3500 kgs. Best of luck in your search.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i think the budget they have suggests they are looking for a preloved model !!

OP, welcome to the house of fun !

as you have worked out, layout is everything ... look at every motorhome on ebay, autotrader, gumtree etc (on line of course !) and make a list of the things you need, want or would just like,

and dont foget the weight/licence requirements

good luck with your search and keep an eye on the classifieds section on here, pay your Ā£15 to join (if you hasvent already done so) and perhaps even post your own wanted ad, it might prompt a funster to sell theirs ...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back