Free Member
Dec 30, 2019
Tarporley, Cheshire West and Chester, UK
Funster No
MH
Fendt K500
Exp
30 months
At last, going off today for the first overnight trip with the Fendt since the start of Lockdown....disaster, no Electrics.
All both batteries good, fuses checked, switch panel off the wall and disconnected and re-connected, nothing. Had an issue on a day trip to Bala last weekend in that the panel took ages to spring into life but not this morning.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi, To help us help you........ picture of controller, make and model of controller, make and model and year of Motorhome?

A common one is you look at the fuses near the leisure battery and it is a hairline crack..... best checked with multimeter on continuity setting - quickly see if two tabs of fuse are actually connected.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Every couple of years I get odd things happening, I switch off the box that controls everything with all the fuses, count to 5 turn on again , it’s ‘repaired’ mine many times 😁👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Do you have a multimeter? Check the voltage at the actual battery terminals, then on the battery connections. If OK, check at the input of the distribution/fuse box. If everything has stopped working, pay particular attention to the negative/earth connections. You've checked the panel end of the data cable, try checking the end at the distribution/fuse box.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On Autotrails and the sargent control panels. Removing panel, disconnecting the lead from the pcb. waiting a while and re-connecting seemed to cure issues a lot of the time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Crampy

Free Member
Dec 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fendt K500
Exp
30 months
Thank you for the suggestions. I've taken all the fuses out, multi-meter checked them all, all OK.
Fridge and Step which are directly connected to the leisure battery are both working OK.
I've also removed the switch panel off the bulkhead, disconnected the cable from the motherboard, counted to 10, then replaced. Still not working.
I'd like to check the leisure battery but can't get at it as it's under the seat and can't remove the seat- special tool needed!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I'd like to check the leisure battery but can't get at it as it's under the seat and can't remove the seat- special tool needed!
The next best place to check battery voltage is at the fuse near the battery. I'm sure there must be an accessible fuse very close to the battery. If you remove the fuse, one of the terminals should be directly connected to the battery terminal. For the negative, a solid connection to any nearby metal bodywork part should be almost as good as a direct connection to the battery terminal. If the battery terminals are good and tight, these points will give a true battery voltage.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Crampy

Free Member
Dec 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fendt K500
Exp
30 months
To all Fendt Motorhome owners...do you know if there is a fuse under the left-hand seat next to the leisure battery? Logically there should be one there but I can't see one. I can't remove the seat to get at the battery as it requires a type of tool I don't have.
The only fuses I can see and access are under the drivers seat.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back