Motorhome Department? any experience of? (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
Hi
Anyone had any dealings with Motorhome Department when selling your van? They have premises in Bournemouth and Telford.
Thanks

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Assuming you mean Motorhome Depot, they have been discussed briefly (somewhat unfavourably) on another thread recently, I believe.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We went to the Telford branch of Motorhome Department a couple of weeks ago.

Very small set-up out of quite dated premises - no shiny salesroom!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Likewise, always seen negative comments, and whilst I have no experience of buying or selling with them ( always avoided anything connected with them because of the comments) I visited a MH dealers recently as I needed a new awning on the hurry up. Turns out they were a motorhome depot dealer! I met the chaps there, they trade under their own name but are a MH depot franchise. http://www.stjmotorhomes.co.uk/
I have to say, they were really nice people, sorted me out very well, and even provided an overnight with facilities for me. Changed my opinion, for that franchise area at least! Had a lot of vans in stock and certainly know their stuff, and full worship facilities too. Treat as you find, I say.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

That doesn't look good. It was the company itself which made application to be struck off the register. The Registrar of Companies has suspended the application because an objection has been received. I suspect the objection will have been made by a creditor who wants to investigate what assets are available. There is a suggestion above that the business may operate on a franchise basis, so the question may be whether this company is the franchisor, the franchisee that you are looking at dealing with or a totally unrelated business which is another franchisee. Proceed only with caution.

OP
OP
isitfriday
Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
Motorhome Depot are different than Motorhome department, I saw the piece about suspended application but I didn't understand it so thanks for explaining that.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
With the company trying to wind itself up I would not either be giving it a deposit or commissioning them to sell my motorhome

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Motor home department is a bloke who worked for Motor home depot, and has set up on his own, my son sold his van through him and was very satisfied, named his own price and had a month or two wait but eventually got the price he asked and all went very well.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I was a bit confused as to the ownership of the vans we saw at Motorhome Department Telford. One of them had a sign in the window clearly stating that the van was being sold privately on behalf of the owner indicating that the others were owned by MDpt.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was a bit confused as to the ownership of the vans we saw at Motorhome Department Telford. One of them had a sign in the window clearly stating that the van was being sold privately on behalf of the owner
indicating that the others were owned by MDpt.
Think he does buy some himself but probably at very reduced prices

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was a bit confused as to the ownership of the vans we saw at Motorhome Department Telford. One of them had a sign in the window clearly stating that the van was being sold privately on behalf of the owner indicating that the others were owned by MDpt.
My son's van never left home till it was sold.
Mhd did want it on his forecourt but John wouldn't let him have it.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
and full worship facilities too

Worship facilities could be really useful, you could try praying that they've not fleeced you!

Sorry Dave not poking fun at your spelling I just couldn't resist it

Mobile Owner

Free Member
Jul 18, 2018
Funster No
Hi
Anyone had any dealings with Motorhome Department when selling your van? They have premises in Bournemouth and Telford.
Thanks
Not sure why anyone would want to deal with this company. I have contacted them several times and no answer. The Bournemouth shop (in Ferndown) is always closed although post gets collected and computers left turned on all the tome. There is a notice board of vans for sale on the wall inside but with the shop always closed you cannot see it. I assume this is either a company going under or is a front for something else.

Mobile Owner

Free Member
Jul 18, 2018
Funster No
Not sure why anyone would want to deal with this company. I have contacted them several times and no answer. The Bournemouth shop (in Ferndown) is always closed although post gets collected and computers left turned on all the tome. There is a notice board of vans for sale on the wall inside but with the shop always closed you cannot see it. I assume this is either a company going under or is a front for something else.
Have just found this, company dissolved.:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10144952/filing-history

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

hellowelcome

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
if you want to conntact them try www.motorhomedepartment.co.uk all numbers are on there
sorry its com not co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back