Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
We're on our third and they've all been feminine. First came our 'trial' van, a small camper - an Autohomes Avalon called Annie. We loved motorhoming so much that after six months we bought a coach built Swift Lifestyle and she was instantly named Lucy. She took us on many trips through Europe with my mum (from her 90th birthday until she was 95). We then bought a slightly larger Elddis Firestorm (mainly because I fell in love with the upholstery) and she is Rosie as the dealer was at Rosehill and also because I'm addicted to the film African Queen in which as you'll all remember the heroine (Katherine Hepburn) is named Rosie. ( We have two Kia Carens and they are Kitty and Katy). No rhyme or reason for naming any vehicle although ships/boats are always named. We never used to give names to 'the car' but must be approaching the age when eccentricity is not only allowed but is openly welcomed ! Merry Christmas to all !

Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
I am gratified to see that many people don't go for personification of their vehicles. I thought I was in the minority, but it seems not. Mine's "the van", my cars are "the Copen" and "the Yeti". Boring? I guess so....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back