Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So, how do you refer to your MH ?
Is it a he, she or it?
What gave you the right to define its gender I ask?
Some strange folk even name their MH ! Really, it's true!!!
If you did, why? Did you ask it, or check the pipe work ? Did you check the inside or the outside? Did you just go on appearances ? Does it change if you bought new or used? I can only imagine how confusing it could be especially on change of ownership, or use.
Perhaps a former rufty tufty free loading Tosser van suddenly ends up on a site with ehu and curtains? How do you deal with that?
I think we ought to have separate parking areas at rallies and meets, but who decides ?

I think I'm offended now, and henceforth want to be known as Sharon.
......I'll keep taking the pills.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Dixie as it has a DX in the number plate
Chosen by another funster!!!
All ladies !!

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Mine's male and named as a derivative of the manufacturer's model by @HippyRockChic - and yep it Rocks!! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Each one we have had is referred to as "The camper". A bit confusing at present as we have the new one we have bought and the previous one we have not put up for sale yet both down the side of the house. o_O

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
If they are campers, and used for camping, does that make them gay?
To camp, or too camp?

Just wondering?

Sharon.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
My van is sapiosexual, so just called the van

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had a long, deep and meaningful discussion with my French Ex about gender.
After a while I thought for a second about the best way to explain this and came up with (Much cleaned up).
If it doesn't have a willy, boobs or lady parts and doesn't have the ability to reproduce itself then it does not have a gender and you therefore use THE or IT.
I demonstrated by pretending to lift the front of a car and inspecting it's genitals and gently shaking my head. Nope, none present. (This was on the way back from the pub so a little drunk at the time).

The lightbulb went on and she stopped asking me the word for something then requesting the gender :rofl: This lesson and a few others got her into trouble with her English teacher at college :p

As my van has neither a willy nor boobs it is a "The" and because it is a load of rusty old crap I refer to it as The Sh*theap. :xlaugh:

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
We do call it the van, but we have a small van, to cart the dog about in so it gets confusing.
Friends named motorhome Harvey something to do with the registration RV, seems to suit

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Ours has been named Moby, because he’s a Mobilvetta and he’s big.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Don't overdose Dave.:xwink:

IMG_20170925_162556.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Matilda as the number plate begins with B. :xThumb:
We had a discussion & she told me.
Like the works van was 'Herman' as it was German.:xsmile:
See there is logic to it.:xdoh:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Our Arto is 'Artur' (germanic spelling and pronunciation of English Arthur) so has to be 'he' - as I have never met a female Artur/Arthur.

But, being 'A' Class, it is definitely not a 'van' - I have driven enough of them - Transits, Sprinters etc. and the Arto feels entirely different. Just as my 7.5t truck was not a van.

Geoff

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Our Van is Spanish and in Spain a Motorhome is called "Autocaravanna" as the word end in A under Spanish grammer words ending in A are feminine so ours is a She. Its a Challenger Genisis so we called her Genny.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ours is Pug. It’s a Peugeot PVC .

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I had a long, deep and meaningful discussion with my French Ex about gender.
After a while I thought for a second about the best way to explain this and came up with (Much cleaned up).
If it doesn't have a willy, boobs or lady parts and doesn't have the ability to reproduce itself then it does not have a gender and you therefore use THE or IT.
I demonstrated by pretending to lift the front of a car and inspecting it's genitals and gently shaking my head. Nope, none present. (This was on the way back from the pub so a little drunk at the time).

The lightbulb went on and she stopped asking me the word for something then requesting the gender :rofl: This lesson and a few others got her into trouble with her English teacher at college :p

As my van has neither a willy nor boobs it is a "The" and because it is a load of rusty old crap I refer to it as The Sh*theap. :xlaugh:
I know of a few vans that have “ladies parts” driving them! Probably best to stay away from this one.xroll:

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
After all the hassle getting a window for mine it is now officially called the bloody thing:xgrin::xgrin:
Re your window , our van gets called all sorts depending on whether he, she ,it , or just the van has cost us money other than the everyday running costs:).
John

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We accidentally often refer to ours as “The Truck”

Simply because old habits die hard and prior to our Motorhome we had horse trucks with full living. Incidentally OH picked the Moho that most reminded her of our last horse truck in the living area.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
So, how do you refer to your MH ?
Is it a he, she or it?
What gave you the right to define its gender I ask?
Some strange folk even name their MH ! Really, it's true!!!
If you did, why? Did you ask it, or check the pipe work ? Did you check the inside or the outside? Did you just go on appearances ? Does it change if you bought new or used? I can only imagine how confusing it could be especially on change of ownership, or use.
Perhaps a former rufty tufty free loading Tosser van suddenly ends up on a site with ehu and curtains? How do you deal with that?
I think we ought to have separate parking areas at rallies and meets, but who decides ?

I think I'm offended now, and henceforth want to be known as Sharon.
......I'll keep taking the pills.
Well Sharon, we call ours “the bus” it has one blue tyre, one pink tyre, one yellow tyre and a couple of black ones, it is gender neutral, sometimes “the bus” gets confused because some rufty tufty free loading Tosser van suddenly ends up next to it on a site with ehu and curtains? Then we just get the beer out and hope for the best:xblink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back