Motorhome comprehensive insurance for non UK resident

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Runaway, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Runaway

Runaway Funster

Ratings:
    +1
    Someone may have some advice..we are regular motorhomers to the UK and to EU countries. We live in Australia but we do have a UK address for tax and insurance. Most insurance companies are not interested in insuring non UK residents. We are currently with the company aligned to the the C.C club. However are there any other options beside this company...they have become increasingly expensive. This is especially so as there are now seven years of no claims and only averaging less than 7000 miles per year. Hope someone can suggest an alternative .

2. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

Ratings:
    +862
  3. Paul1958

Paul1958 Funster

Ratings:
    +31
    My sister has lived in NZ for 40 yrs and she has dual nationality and dual driving licences but I always had a right game trying to get her insured on my car because as you say, she is not a UK resident. The only company that I found to insure her at a reasonable price was Aviva, who were incredibly cheap. They do m/h policies through Comfort Insurance and others. Maybe try them.

4. Runaway

Runaway Funster

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Paul1958 I will give them a call. Appreciate your response.

5. Paul1958

Paul1958 Funster

Ratings:
    +31