motorhome clubs forums and the like (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I am a paid up member here £10 superb value for money to be 100% truthful I can't tell you the full benefits. What I can tell you is the forum members give great advice and bloody friendly bunch online. I have saved a few bob buying from members and have read some great info.

I am also a member of CCC but will review this at end of year I'm not sure I'm getting the value but do enjoy the odd ths the CCC sites appear to be expensive now and can never get on. I joined the caravan club at Lincoln for 1 reason 2 free nights so that recoup my money and also want to use there longleat site with grandkids next year. Will I rejoin I doubt I will find it worth my while but never say never but don't want expense of 2 clubs.

Then there is a couple of other forums facts haven't looked at in years so forget them a couple of Facebook pages I look at and occasionly out and about live. Another forum/club just mailed me wild camping for motorhomes think its about 20 a year that's double this club and I'm struggling to see the value but I could be very wrong.

I considerd the motorhome club £35 quid I think for what ? I don't get that 1 bit what can/do they offer. Then because I bought a Burstner and I struggled to get specific info I thought I'll join them yearly membership again starts Jan £20 a year I think. Then after some time its so many quid a month if you join late in year but you fill out rolling standing order for your yearly membership for what ? You don't get a free look at forum or anything I proberlybwould have joined but get this you send a cheque remember them ? And the filled out form in post. Really in this day and age it should be couple of clicks of a button if it was I would have given it a go.

So that's my Ramblings what clubs do you enjoy and use and why it would be very expensive joining them all buying all the books maps etc I forgot to mention apps acsi pub stops France passion etc.

Looking forward to your replys

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Porkster, I cancelled all my other clubs because I wasn't using them enough... If I do need to use one of their campsites I can usually do so as a non-member so it working out cheaper for me, and financially I do have to be careful.

Love your Burstner by the way.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Through the Motorcaravanner Club we went away for five nights to a big site at Perrenporth for £25 including electric. We also bolted on a couple of nights onto one of their rallies when we enjoyed a couple of nights at another huge (wouldn't go there normally ) site at Brean.
I have to say that the older I get, the more I think along the lines of "What's in it for me"
Under that principal the Caravan Club is looking a certainty to be axed next year.

This Club however, is in another league when it comes to value and inclusivity. Been on a Fun rally and enjoyed every minute and the advice, humour and general good natured banter couldn't be bought elsewhere for a tenner.
The Fun is probably single handed in making sure that our first 'van purchase was not a mistake and one with which we are still ecstatically happy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I have found the members who are on here are on other forums. If u ask a question here ull get the same answer on any other forums.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I joined France Passion not long after we purchased our first motorhome, I thought it reasonable value for money even in the years when we only got to visit one host. I was delighted to learn late last year that this years membership would be free as its my tenth year. You don't see any motorhome / camping clubs on this side of the channel offering anything for ten years membership

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have found the members who are on here are on other forums. If u ask a question here ull get the same answer on any other forums.
Would that by any chance be because you are asking the same question of the same people? :D

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Fun is now my main forum, kicked Fact's into touch some time ago. Only problem is half the buggers are on here as well :)

MCC Is my main club as we like to rally with them..

Most info / campsites / stopovers you can find with a few web searches.
CL's and CS's we dont use in UK so no real need for one of the big clubs..

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Cost`s me a fortune in sub`s but worth it..

A.A... Unmarried Fathers... Support a Solicitor... Free Fags for Pensioners...

The list is endless....... but by far the best is The "Funsters" for value for money and friendship.... (y)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Only other forum / club we are on apart from here is the Ford Transit owners club or some such name, just because the MH is based on a MK7 Tranny.

Might join Brit-stops next year tho.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well captain u do give the same answers
I think that you will find most people give the same answers if asked the same question several times. Come to think of it, a bit surprising if they don't ;)

No worries (y)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We are members of cc&c and done a couple of rally's but they tend to be a bit stiff but good value and in nice places

Now fun rally's are full of people we already know through the forum even if we have not met them mostly nutters with a drink problem or a fetish for dressing up
And our rally's numbers seem to be increasing with more members arranging them
We should soon be not only the best forum but one of the biggest rally clubs around
So bye bye all the rest and long live fun

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
By far the best site (fun that is) the only other club in Uk I/we use CC for there club sites and Cs's I also subscibe to motorhomingfrance for I great directory of aires and some campsites.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I thought about joining a swingers club. But I have realised that I'm to knackered after working six days a week to receive the full benefits, so I will just stick to fun
You haven't been to the special meet yet then :)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I thought about joining a swingers club. But I have realised that I'm to knackered after working six days a week to receive the full benefits, so I will just stick to fun

Swingers club? Is that a club where they do nothing but talk about improving their golf shots.........

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
image.jpg

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I use Fucts as well as Fun but spend most of my time here.
We are members of C&CC and have used their Temp Hol Sites a lot in the past. But this year we have rallied so much with Facts we haven't had time to use any C&CC THS!
Fucts I will definitely not renew next year and the jury's out on C&CC

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
The 4 I am a member of are , Motorhom Fun, C&CC to use their Continental rallies in the winter good value, & C&C I have a visa card link to them so when I accumalate points I get free nights on their sites which are good clean sites with good helpful wardens, I find these are enough to pay for, I also have a free membership with the Swift forum which is very informative. Pete

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Im a member of several strip clubs....
There great but the websites are crap

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Im a member of several strip clubs....
There great but the websites are crap

That one I saw you at in Chester...

Certainly looked like you were enjoying yourself... (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
being a life member, no more subs due for fun for me.

members of both big clubs too though, the c&cc for ths meets, motorcaravan section and cl's together with discounted RAC cover and insurance and the cc for club sites and cs's

to me, the subs pretty much pay themselves due to discounts and member exclusive prices

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I use Fucts as well as Fun but spend most of my time here.
We are members of C&CC and have used their Temp Hol Sites a lot in the past. But this year we have rallied so much with Facts we haven't had time to use any C&CC THS!
Fucts I will definitely not renew next year and the jury's out on C&CC

Was that a typo or do you really think that? :rofl:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Apart from here, we are on a few. Mostly here, though

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We joined the CC when we first bought a van and used several sites plus a few CLs. Never rally with them because the process is so convoluted. We now stay with them because access to the CL and sites networks can be useful (used one of each this year). Use the forum sometimes but not a lot.

We joined the C&CC a couple of years ago. Never used a main site but have used a couple of CSs. Mainly, though, we have enjoyed several THSs/Meets over the last two years.

We joined the MCC last year and have enjoyed several THSs/Meets plus a CL this year. As with CC, use the forum sometimes.

We've been Fun members since not long after it started and have enjoyed several meets. Have been known to use the forum.

It's all a matter of personal preference. As gar as we are concerned the opportunities to use sites/CLs/meets are worth the cost in each case.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
we joined the elddisowners club as last year they had meets close to us this year non all to far north so thats been a waste of money so far & I cant see us making a meet anytime soon.
we then joined c&cc used the discount once in march then found @ 2 other sites that it doesnt make an ounce of difference than summer came along & we wernt prepared to pay the prices, we still have yet to try the meets ' the back of the mag & canoeing section yet so i may consider another year on that subject.
We then joined fun & had the most meets.
Facebook groups well usuall crap get to big & boring too quick & then its the same ol questions day in day out

In cornwall just like wales we noticed club membership dont count & ive probably benefited more from my BCU membership when we stopped @ sithians lake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back