Motorhome Chat (1 Viewer)

Dougle

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Evening All, I hope you are all well? I have been looking into getting a MH for a while now. One thing I have been a little confused by is the varying prices I can find. One website that keeps coming up in my searches is the carvanclub website. The classified adds here have such varied prices that I can't believe these are true! No such thing as a free lunch......Are the prices as they should be or should I be suspicious. Thank you for your time. Dougle

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi and welcome on board. Extremely hard to answer....... A lot of private adverts are unrealistic in their expectations and so are some of the dealers. At the end of the day, it will only sell for what someone is prepared to pay. What we did in your situation is the following:

1) budget - and stick to it!
2) look for the layout that you need
3) look again at no.2!
4) have a mooch around a show and get some idea
5) beware of scams in private sales
6) you can always ask on here about a certain vehicle

Load of other stuff, but basically more homework equals less heartache... Good hunting.

Much more knowledge and advice on here than the above, but it does help to start the discussion

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
beware of cheap prices as that usually indicates a con trying to trap the unwary. often the seller claims to be out of the uk / in the forces so you cant view it. they then say, you pay up and they will deliver. one born every minute as they say

get yourself to a localish reputable dealers to see genuine prices

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dougle

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thank you for the replies. I am a bit on the cautious side so will make sure I do my homework. All the best.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, compared to say a plain van a similarly sized MH tends to hold its value very well, so you might see a 10 year old MH for something like half the price of a new one, whereas a van of the same age might be worth 10%. Supply and demand as always. Bargains can be had in places like Germany, several folk here have bought their MHs there. It isn't really difficult to bring them back. Steering wheels tend to be in the wrong place for the UK but not really an issue. You won't be doing a lot of overtaking except perhaps on motorways!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back