LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Just been channel hopping and heard part of an interview talking about the emmission charges in London.
Also stated was that Austria was now vertually a no-go zone for motorhomers particularly as far as the motorways are concerned.

My question is why? What has happened?

Cheers

peter

OP
OP
peter H

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
That's not quite what I meant.
I got the impression that if you do go through Austria then it will cost an arm and leg.
Didn't hear all the interview, so may well have stick firmly by the wrong end.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
It all depends on the weight of your motorhome. If it is less than 3500kg you pay the same as a car, you can buy a vignette for 10 days or for 2 months and is quite cheap.

If your M/H is over 3500kg then you must get a GO Box and have to pay depending on how many miles you cover using the motorways or expressways. Not all are Toll roads and those that are not are clearly marked ( as well as those that need the vignette ) It is possible to travel through Austria to Italy without using Toll roads.

Look here Link Removed

and here Link Removed

Phil.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi just had a look at on one of the links phil gave, and it seems pretty cheap to use the M/Ways, for a 2 axle RV like mine its €0.13 pence per Km. €13 euro's per 100km doesn't sound to bad to me. No dearer than the French M/Ways, possibly a bit cheaper.

Olley

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi just had a look at on one of the links phil gave, and it seems pretty cheap to use the M/Ways, for a 2 axle RV like mine its €0.13 pence per Km. €13 euro's per 100km doesn't sound to bad to me. No dearer than the French M/Ways, possibly a bit cheaper.

Olley

still works out at about £1 every 10miles. equivelant to around a 20% increase in your fuel bill for large RV. :Eeek: bet you didnt look at it that way:Blush::ROFLMAO:

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi papajohn, you don't buy an RV and worry about fuel/running cost's, if you did it would never leave your drive. ::bigsmile:

The logplat link phil has given is out of date, the map of autoroutes is dated 2005, so my €13 per 100km is now over €18 per 100km.

Olley

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back