Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Could anybody recommend a reliable (and cheap - they are not always mutually exclusive) company who can make a set of washable winter mats for my Hobby??.

The present gold and blue carpets don't mix well with mud and gravel:cry:

Thanks.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Try a small local carpet shop see if they can cut to a template and bind the edges that way you can have the choice of their stock. I know I have done this before. I was surprised it did not seem expensive as I recall.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Try a small local carpet shop see if they can cut to a template and bind the edges that way you can have the choice of their stock. I know I have done this before. I was surprised it did not seem expensive as I recall.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

I had thought about this, but I'd like to buy carpets similar to the OE ones, as they can be cleaned with a pressure hose, due to nature of condtruction, and rubber back.

Thanks anyway for replying:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We took the carpets up in the Buccaneer and cut some cheap ones the same shape.
stowed the factory ones away , when the cheapos get mucky bin em and fit some more,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: save the originals

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Just done as above with a cheap offcut of carpet that can be thrown away when past its best. The carpet can be cleaned with a vax carpet cleaner and will take a bleach wash for bad stains.

Before this I had bought 4 / 5 cheap door mats (£1 for two) off the market and placed these by the door, main seating etc again throw out when done. The advantage in the bad weather being I could step into the van and sit to remove boots before walking on the original carpet. They could go through the washing machine and dry quickly.

To be honest not seen the type of carpet you are looking for in 'normal' carpet shops can only suggest looking for a company that supply industrial / business premises with heavy duty carpet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back