Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Can you buy a suitable carpet from a regular carpet shop?

You could use the old carpets as a template, cut the shapes out and ask the shop to whip stitch them for you.

OP
OP
D
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
this would be good if i could find shops that would whip stich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
CJ carpet , Tollcross Glasgow . Just noticed you're in Aberdeen area , I 'll look for somewhere closer .
John

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Aberdeen Binding Company on google might be useful.
Hope this helps.
John

Paul J

Free Member
Feb 27, 2018
Funster No
I own a carpet shop and can tell you that it should be easy to find a shop that can whip the edges for you, I'd probably recruit a local carpet fitter to cut the mats properly square for you, you could plan the irregular shapes to get them from the rectangular piece of carpet that you'll have to buy. I'm going to use gel backed office carpet when I get my ass into gear, it's more water resistant and designed to be as tough as nails. We have some stuff called 'Traffic' goes under a couple of other names too, damn nice stuff, and not expensive for the sizes we're talking about

note : if fully fitted, it shouldn't fray, would be probably simpler, and cheaper without the whipping

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
My sofa art. Just off mounthooly in Aberdeen. They re-upholstered my van a few years back.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
As above took a template using brown paper got an off cut from a carpet was going to have it whipped but decided not to bother because of price. Carpet has been fine it lies flat. Have enough carpet left to make another when this one gets to dirty.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There was a Lady in HULL who did whipping, some years back, I think she got "time" for it.:D2:whistle:. That and running a "Bawdy-House".;);)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've had carpets whipped in the past and it costs more than the carpet. I've just fully fitted my van quite easily, its fiddly but not very big. I had to buy some chrome edging strip from B&Q but it now looks very swish.

OP
OP
D
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Traveling over to the uk from the isle of man going up to scotland for three weeks have the old ones on the floor as templates

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Never got the carpets on the invoice and charged £320 for I went back to Lowdhams and was told get some made up, the new ones not ordered with the van were £640 after sale and they were not going to pay that..In the end I bought some carpet from the lady who does the shows and cut my own up. They work just fine and are washable in the machine as well. Could not be bothered chasing Lowdhams any more, and let it go. I paid £30 for all of the roll. I have seen the genuine ones and they are rubbish compared with odd bits tacked together with studs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back